Apple just released the new IMac G5 for those who are interested or who wanted to stay informed about what's going on in the computer world.

www.apple.com (you can't miss it!)

Offered in 17 inch and 20 inch versions 1.6 - 1.8 GHz

I'll have to say it does look pretty slick...

off the record: If you wanna buy I would attempt to purchase it through the Education store. You'll get a nice discount, but I don't know what kind of strings you have to pull

$1200 - 1800 depending on your selected options :+1:

our new "marketing" girl is getting a new iMac G5, I can give you guys the low down on it soon as it comes in,

ray I need to educate you in the ways of the "non-crashing , non-virus filled" computers ;)

you just need to learn how to use them like me :)

MAC's dont have right click or click and drag lol... and can you buy a top of the line video card for them?

:blink:

our new "marketing" girl is getting a new iMac G5, I can give you guys the low down on it soon as it comes in,

ray I need to educate you in the ways of the "non-crashing , non-virus filled" computers ;)

Mac and "non-crashing" do not belong in the same thread. at least with a PC when it crashes you can still turn the damn thing off.

Yes they make nice vid cards for macs

There is no reason to buy a mac, and if you did...its only purpose is school/office work.

Mac and "non-crashing" do not belong in the same thread. at least with a PC when it crashes you can still turn the damn thing off.

my G4 has not "crashed" this year and it runs 24/7

Macs do crash but they don't have much of a software selection to crash them with :P I'm not a huge mac fan myself but do admit they do make great hardware to copy from for the PC :D

we have numerous top of the line DELL's here at work, including 11 very nice tablets, and none of them compare to the speed and stability of this machine

hehe... wanna do some benchies and compare my 1.5 year old computer to your MAC :)

my apple IIc runs circles around my win2k box. I gotta say the monochrome 12 inch screen on the IIc is quite impressive.

Also, security on the apple is much better considering the IIc does not have a true hard drive to store applications and runs on 5 1/4 floppies. The NSA would have trouble extracting any information.

My processor speed runs somewhere in the 10 - 20 kilohertz. If your really think ur windows based pc can beat my IIc, your probably right...

but its 100% custom with its missing 8 and 2 keys... WHAT!! :blink:

I'll post some picks soon flaunting my apple.

but its 100% custom with its missing 8 and 2 keys... WHAT!!

I just did 2.89gig of file transfer from a G4 power book to the iMac via Firewire, holy crap that was silly fast, we checked it for time through USB, it would have taken almost 4 hours, for what took only 49 or 50 mins