slim2fattycake

which amp is better for a 15" loaded BL?

I am looking at these brands and models here:

Soundstream PCA2000DSoundstream PCA2000D 2000 rms at 1 ohm - around $400

Hifonics BXi2607D prolly only 2000 rms at 1 ohm - around $400 a lil less

Hifonics XXV Thor or XX Thor 3000 rms at 1 ohm - around $700

Orion HCCA-D5000 2500 rms at 1 ohm - around $600

Rockford Fosgate Power T20001bd 2000 rms at 1 ohm - around $750

which is best for power/price

I have a Hifonics Thor XXV for sale that is practically brand new. $550.00 plus shipping

Kicker zx 1500...Sundown 1500...

kicker one is 1500 at 2 ohms i need 1 ohm and i kinda want closer to 2000 rms

Sundown 1500d?

That is enough to power a BL, easy.

is it under-rated? cant a BL loaded take more than 1500 watts? i got my ssd loaded at like 1200 watts

You're asking if Sundown is underrated? Go have a look at the power testing stickies in the Sundown forum here.

the sundown 1500 is underrated....

and stay away from hifonics i warn you. but do what ya wish.

the sundown 1500 is underrated....

and stay away from hifonics i warn you. but do what ya wish.

lol, i dont think hifonics is that bad, its still good for my car right now but im prolly takin out the bxi2607d from the list

Edited by phi

noticed you in my city, phi.

Now get OUT!

just playin, haha.

I hope you know what you are doing because a lot of those amps may require attention to the mechanical and\or thermal limits of 1 BL.

And for whatever you do, don't get the XXV-Thor if being used for daily, get a BTL with that much power.

Try and find you an amp rated between 1500-1800w. IF you do do with a 2kw amp, you may need to slightly attenuate it's output potential if the sub starts to heat up frequently.

Now get OUT!

just playin, haha.

I hope you know what you are doing because a lot of those amps may require attention to the mechanical and\or thermal limits of 1 BL.

And for whatever you do, don't get the XXV-Thor if being used for daily, get a BTL with that much power.

Try and find you an amp rated between 1500-1800w. IF you do do with a 2kw amp, you may need to slightly attenuate it's output potential if the sub starts to heat up frequently.

man im was thinkin the BL could hold more above 1500 watts damn. but hey where u at in the ville. hang out sometime. and we can check each other system out and then ill steal urs lol j/k im at the Iroquois area

i just got my sub in this evening and i went with a fosgate t100bd heard alot of good things about this amp plus i paid 409 shipped cant beat that for a really good amp which will do 1500 at 1 ohm sounds like something u should look into

Edited by timmc2006

i just got my sub in this evening and i went with a fosgate t100bd heard alot of good things about this amp plus i paid 409 shipped cant beat that for a really good amp which will do 1500 at 1 ohm sounds like something u should look into

isnt it 1000 at 1 ohm?

im thinkin of gettin the soundstream

Edited by phi

You are choosing the new SoundStream over the Kicker/Sundown/RF suggestions?

i thought soundstream was good? but i think the one im lookin at is an older model...

Older Soundstream is worth it, the newer SS is not.

Before they were bought out by Power Acoustic and dropped a great deal in quality and technology and jumped up in bling and rattings....

isnt it 1000 at 1 ohm?

the birth sheet for it i have says 1475 watts at 1 ohm and 1075 at 2 ohms ya i didnt think it was underrated that bad but i guess it is

Now get OUT!

just playin, haha.

man im was thinkin the BL could hold more above 1500 watts damn. but hey where u at in the ville. hang out sometime. and we can check each other system out and then ill steal urs lol j/k im at the Iroquois area

Be careful what you say. I just had part of a setup stole from me 2 months ago. Have no idea who did it and it was across the street from the police station! I am still eager to meet the person who did it. Not saying you did but be careful because if i find out who did it, they goin to jail.

And if they dont.... i will.

The BLs can take power up to but no more than 2K but is not suggested unless you know exactly what to look for when building the enclosure and setting up amp(s).

Now get OUT!

just playin, haha.

Be careful what you say. I just had part of a setup stole from me 2 months ago. Have no idea who did it and it was across the street from the police station! I am still eager to meet the person who did it. Not saying you did but be careful because if i find out who did it, they goin to jail.

And if they dont.... i will.

The BLs can take power up to but no more than 2K but is not suggested unless you know exactly what to look for when building the enclosure and setting up amp(s).

yea man i know what it feels like 6 months ago i had my system stole from me too. it wasnt anything great but it was still 600 dollars. car was broken into and chit. but yea i'd like to find out who did it to me too. cus im beat the chit outta them not just send them to jail.

Before they were bought out by Power Acoustic and dropped a great deal in quality and technology and jumped up in bling and rattings....

the one im lookin at is the pca2000, but i didnt know they were bought out by power acoustic

Well, they stole over $2k from me. I had to get the insurance to approve this new install i'm doing so anything that gets damaged i dont have to worry about it.

I'm in the PRP area but yea, I used to know someone who lived in Iroquois and i hated goin over there because it seems everybody in that area is just waitin to get in trouble somehow.