Sign in to follow this  
tankht56

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME EXPLAIN

(OK I CHECKED YOUR LINKS.FIRST, ALL TESTING WAS INHOUSE AT SUNDOWN. SECOND, 3000 WATTS WAS AT .05 OHM, AND THIRD I DIDNT SEE PRICE. NOW COMPARE. MY ORION 5000 WATT RUN 2500 RMS @2 OHM AND I CAN GET THEM FOR UNDER 900.00. 5000 WATTS AT 1 OHM. ORION HAS BEEN AROUND FOREVER FROM THE 2150 BEASTS IN THE OLD DAYS TO THE MODERN DAY COMPETITION AMPS. MONEY IS ALWAYS AN ISSUE BUT SO IS QUALITY AND REPUTATION. KEEP THAT IN MIND

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Feb 29, 2008 9:22 PM

yea i guy told me about them they are in no way shape form or fashion cheap! i been doing a lot of research on them and the company owners are very reliable you can talk to them directly on that forum.

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Feb 29, 2008 8:11 PM

HEY BRO, BECAREFUL IF YOU BUY THIS AMP. IT IS JUST A PROTOTYPE THAT HASNT BEEN VERIFIED FOR POWER OUTPUT OR RELIABILITY. THE 1500 PUTS OUT 510 WATTS @ 13.6 VOLTS. ALL PHOTOS ON THE MAIN SOURCES HAVE BEEN PULLED FOR THE 3000. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS BECAREFUL AND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THERE IS ALOT OF QUALITY AMPS OUT THERE FOR GOOD PRICES, WHETHER USED OR NEW. STICK TO NAME BRAND IF POSSIBLE, YOU WONT BE SORRY. I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN HERE BUT I DONT WANT TO SEE YA GET TAKEN. HIT ME UP BEFORE YOU BUY IF YOUR NOT SURE)

this is him telling me that sundown isn't that good! can someone other than the sundown moderators help me tell him how great sundown actually is.

where r u located and where is this bozzo located.ill put my 1500's up against his big 5000.hes full of chit.i along with others have tested these amps and there great amps and do what they say.tell him if he wants to put his amp to test,ill put my money on me!!!!!!!!get a sundown man.best amp and best costomer sattisfaction!!!!!!!!

I used and abused ALOT of amps in my day.................I got these and had one tiny issue and BAM Jacob was right there to help me out.

Piss on the new school Orion. Since they got in bed with West Coast Customs, they have been shitty.

J

Unfortunately Orion has went retarded on rating their amps.

I remember back when i was younger that they used to have comp amps capable of running @ 0.25 ohms, thsoe were the good ol days.

Not too long ago, Orion came out with the XTR2400. That amp was a good amp to use.

Then came the 2500D. While it did do it's job in outputting real power, some people had defective problems with them. I do not know why, may have been their fault, don't know. All i know is whe ni was reading about them, others were leading them away from Orion to other choices...

now we have the 5000w amp... that's NOT 5,000w.

If you read the description, it clearly states 2,500w. This amp is not comparable to a true 5,000w amp because it isn't a 5Kw amp.

Sundown amps are very efficient and can output same power even at large voltage drop.

If you stick to only known brands that local stores only can or choose to carry, then you will be missing out on the bigger picture and your other choices out there.

With that advice he gave you, Meade should have never got those BTLs...

Do your own research. You can decipher from doing your own research what sounds true and what doesn't.

Someone saying other brands aren't wise to go with if they arent popular to him is not a wise statement.

There could be a car company that starts out in Germany that may manufacturer vehicles that run off of air and get infinite miles to the gallon and start out at $5000 retail USD and only cost $10 a year insurance..... they could take over the world in vehicle manufacturing... but because they are new or no one had heard of them even though everybody is raving about them doesn't make them bad choice.

Interesting example, huh? hehe

I'd suggest going to www.the12volt.com and other message boards such as this one and doing your own research on companies and basics of car audio and come back here in a few months and see what view you have then.

Clueless.....don't worry about it. I would buy a Sundown Audio amp well ahead of the new Orion stuff. Which one is he using that he says is so much better than the SAZ-3000D?

big Boi I see your now dealing with what I've went through all my life.

If you want some good advice SAVE YOUR BREATH and let your Sundowns do the talkin'. If he's not a believer right then....... you'll know he's either just ignorant or a hater.

I am an Orion fan from way back. I've owned about 7 beasts in my day - Great Solid AB amps but the BEAST is a stereo LEGEND and so was the Orion that made it. The Orion we have in 2008 is not the same Orion by any means.

By the way I liked the "car w/unlimited miles" theory

Joey aka Ronrico418 aka 418Fi's (currently considering Havocs) Call me Shawn Fleming!!!

thanks guys i just needed some feedback on the sundown "reputation" to show him. man i cant wait to get my own sundown 3000D!!!

THANKS SUNDOWN FOR BUILDING A GREAT PRODUCT

I'm not even sure what he's talking about...

What photos got pulled?

And the only testing I did "in house" was the 3000D @ 12v and the 1000D -- all other sticky tests are third party. For that matter, even the ones I did myself have been verified over and over again.

I think your friend is really confused in general... I've sold out of two production runs of 3000Ds, they are far from a prototype. I've shipped them all around the world :)

Anyway... looks like others have answered your questions already :)

my saz 3000d is a proven power house..... falk your friend

i just noticed mods can edit their posts without it saying that it was edited...

That's not fair.

I'm tellin Mom! I'm definitely leakin that chit!

Yes, HCCA225s were the one of the best amps of its day. Orion has definitely changed.

I really don't care who's numbers are better, its all in the sound. We listen to music, not numbers.

Sundown does make top notch stuff. Although I was very happy with my US Amps, I like my Sundown's even better. And all of my customers are extremely happy.

I don't miss the 4 separate power and ground connections on the USA-2000x either.

Edited by bigjae1976

i just noticed mods can edit their posts without it saying that it was edited...

That's not fair.

I'm tellin Mom! I'm definitely leakin that chit!

lol yup.... dude thay can even change YOUR post..... and leave no traces of edit.... its happend to me before.

ps, don't tell anyone about me and you the other night shizzon!

Lol, alright LISTEN UP PEOPLE-

From here on out, if I say anything that ends up being false, i'm blamin it on a mod, hehe

If the Orion was by any chance the new HCCA5000D, stay far far far away from it.

AHHH, Big Jon, how could you?!?!?!?!

You let a mod find out about us!!!

ya see what im sayin.

I see nothing. Only your undying love for Shizzzon apparently.

well what should i do.... sit around and wit for you to decide you wanna tell them about us?? no i cant. i told you that i could not sit idol and wait for you anylonger.. you know how i feel, and ill all ways feel this way.

ps. if you love it........................ let it go.....

Edited by bigjon

:ThatWasGay::lolup:

my input and my run-ins...... People fear what they don't know.... and the most natural reaction to something/someone we don't know is to validate our ignorance by attacking it..

I agree some peoples mind won't be changed.... seeing (or in this case) hearing is believing...

imagine if the human race wasn't adept to giving something they know nothing about a chance...

we would still think the world is flat, that the planets revolve around the earth, and that we would never set foot on the moon... ::: rolls eyes ::: pfft !!!!

People fear what they don't know...... and of what thay dont understand.......

that is so true......

i did a 151.7db yesterday with 2 lil SAZ 1500d amps strapped @ 1ohm

note was 54Hz

come get some :)

amps never got warm...

oh did i mention it was only 1 sub ?

P1010547.jpg

with amps in foreground

P1010548.jpg

Wow, now that is an awesome score!

Can i borrow some of your Dbs when you are not using them so i dont have to spend as much money?

Sign in to follow this