the current radio is a cassette deck, and the cassette deck doesnt even work. im stuck with listening to the same crap over and over and over again. the reception also sucks balls, and i think that's why my right speakers sound like they are distorting.

I heard the exact same stock system speakers i have in a buddies car and it sounded GOOD. im gonna try to reproduce what i heard :) if i can't ill go all out active aftermarket. these stock speakers have mucho potential. you might ask why i got the 9887 if i aint going active. I dont like the look of the 9886 and i like to keep my options open.

once my crutchfield order comes in on the 5th with the ipod cable and din removal tools i can install it on the 8th

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

next steps: replace right speakers if blown, run aftermarket amp, deaden, and try out the Imprint thingamajig.

fing05.gif maaan i cant wait. fing05.gif

p.s. anyone in socal with an imprint module i can use? :P

Lord man, please use that thing active. Please.

cool deck...i heard the imprint is pretty cool stuff...never got to experience it for myself...the local shop here has an the imprint module and have used it on a few installs...

but i say go active too....i haven't seen anyone do it with the 9887...

I never ended up getting the D3, the sig was preemptive lol.

oh so you are getting the 9887?

Lord man, please use that thing active. Please.
LOL i knew you were going to respond to my thread with something like that. its been like a year? :P

dont worry, i have the drivers all lined up just i case.

but i say go active too....i haven't seen anyone do it with the 9887...

was that sarcasm? or wrer you serious?

no i'm serious...i honestly have not seen anyone do a full active system with the 9887...the local shop sells them like hot cakes but to my knowledge, they have never done an active install...and i don't recall seeing any 9887 installs on here but i don't read through everything here though

i got the 9885 recently and am very pleased with it....i thought about the 9887 but it was more than i needed.....gl with your radio

no i'm serious...i honestly have not seen anyone do a full active system with the 9887...the local shop sells them like hot cakes but to my knowledge, they have never done an active install...and i don't recall seeing any 9887 installs on here but i don't read through everything here though

thats very odd. its like it it was made for the DIY-er. well if i dont like the stock system with this HU, you WILL see a full active system

@kickin

yea man, i miss my music in my car. i think my attitude will become more positive if i can listen to my pod or cd's in-car. its such a meaningul parting my life.

@john

DUDE. thats Gangsta pimp balla status right there.

@mazdaboom

yea would have gotten the 9885, but i enjoy tuning my music :)

I have long since lost track of Alpine model numbers.