Sign in to follow this  
soundmekanixdan

any plans for a sundown 5k?

If\when Sundown brings out anything better than the 3000d, to make the company Stand Out from others is consistency.

What i mean by that is for instance-

the 1500d, it was tested down to 0.175 ohms! Now, down to 0.5 ohms is a lot more stable to run. Some people can run these amps at 0.5 daily if they know what they are doing.

The 3000d, tested at 0.6 ohms. For reference sake, it may be able to do 0.5 daily if you know what you are doing. The key here though about consistency is this that makes sundown so good-

Real World tests show that wattage output EXCEEDS ratings at voltage drop as low as 11v, if not lower! Efficiency levels are very high, 80-90% in between 1-2 ohms on the 1500d.

If Sundown can put this type of consistency into larger powered amps, then there is one say that you know Sundown doesn't do, and that is cut corners.

Some companies, once they start selling these ridiculous amps that can do 5,7,10Kw, all they are worried about is the amp doing it. They can care less about efficiency or it's stability below rating or it's ability to still perform under low voltage or just being able to output it's rated power at low voltage.

Just about every company i come across cut's corners like this when they start manufacturing Big daddy amps.

I know a 7K amp isn't a typical daily driving amp but if it was made with this type of technology, it would be better than a lot of others out there.

Oh, and another thing about cutting corners. Some companies also believe that if they make an amp large enough that it need not be strappable. This capability should not be chosen by the company but rather by the user.

If a company were to manufacturer a 15,000w class d amp, it better be strappable, regardless of reason. Just because that feature is there, gives more props to the company for thinking ahead instead of restricting one's goals for a custom setup.

There are higher-powered Zenon boards...however the market for anything larger than 3kW, hell, even 3kW is so small that it may be a long time before you'll see one in a Sundown.

run a saz 3000d at 16 volts and 1 ohms shazam a 5000 watt amp

I'm absolutely sure i'll happy with the saz-1500's i have now, even more so when i order 2 more :-) ....i was just curious if sundown had any future plans - i know they are working on a 2000d.

I'm absolutely sure i'll happy with the saz-1500's i have now, even more so when i order 2 more :-) ....i was just curious if sundown had any future plans - i know they are working on a 2000d.

Eventually I will do a larger than 3k amp -- but it's a very low priority.

You'll be seeing more SAE line amps well before that happens :)

run a saz 3000d at 16 volts and 1 ohms shazam a 5000 watt amp

Perfect response!! :D

thats why i love sundown.... such a flexable amp!..... not only that its sexy as hell. and jacob is the man when it comes to keeping people happy.....

And what happens when u have a car like mine that can only fit 1 alt? You sure can't run 16v then.

Small cars can get loud but because of limited space, gotta pack as much potential amp power in a case as possible.

And what happens when u have a car like mine that can only fit 1 alt? You sure can't run 16v then.

Small cars can get loud but because of limited space, gotta pack as much potential amp power in a case as possible.

Remove the A/C compressor and mount the spare alt there. There is always a way to run Dual alternators.

You can run a 16 volt system and use a step down module to run the factory electrical and ect.

Hey, now that's interesting to know.

Now the main Q now is, what happens when this module acts up or fails?

What kind of safety features do they have?

U know this runs the whole car so, u know, is their risks?

See, I would run 2 modules simply because one wont be quiet be enough to handle that many amps.

There also made my Powermaster, so chance of one failing are prolly slim.

But if 1 fails, there other one, "should get you home"

I think each are rated for 30-40amps.

You can run a 16 volt system and use a step down module to run the factory electrical and ect.

Hey, now that's interesting to know.

Now the main Q now is, what happens when this module acts up or fails?

What kind of safety features do they have?

U know this runs the whole car so, u know, is their risks?

About all it can do is quit powering the rest of your car :) I believe it's just some diodes, either work or not.

Not any more risk than the alt simply failing on you.

how much are these deals you speak of!

Well, I'm gettin a 300A alt internally regulated so I doubt I can have it set that high... Unless u tell me otherwise

Screw a 5k amp, Jacob should make a 20k amp ;)

LOL, that would be pimp.

How many do you need? MSRP would prolly be at least 15grand.

LOL, that would be pimp.

How many do you need? MSRP would probably be at least 15grand.

I for one do not personally stock the 3000D and will NOT sell it to just anyone. If someone is interested in one I want to sit down and talk about their electrical before I would place an order. Too many stupiod people out ther wanting kilowatts without have the juice to support it. Now, a 5K amp with someone whoe knows what their doing...YUM

Indeed... my thoughts exactly. I'd say less than 2% of car audio enthusiasts have the electrical support for even one SAZ-3000D. The forums are really only a tiny fraction of people out there -- some of the local installs I've worked on guys had a couple of RF 2kw amps on bone stock electrical with 4 awg wire, wondering why they aren't that loud.

Indeed... my thoughts exactly. I'd say less than 2% of car audio enthusiasts have the electrical support for even one SAZ-3000D. The forums are really only a tiny fraction of people out there -- some of the local installs I've worked on guys had a couple of RF 2kw amps on bone stock electrical with 4 awg wire, wondering why they aren't that loud.

Or wondering why they burnt their amp up...

Sign in to follow this