canyonondubs

Q problem

I'm getting absolutly no sound out of my sub it was working fine for about 10 minutes earlier and than i unhooked it so I could set the gain correctly with a dmm and after I hooked it back up I got nothing from the sub

The first time I hooked it up at had it at 1/4 gain up so I'm sure it was not clipping and I only played it on low volumes, I also didnt smell any burning

So could could sub be blown?

Dvc 2 ohm wires parallel to 1 ohm off kx1200

Edited by canyonondubs

did you try another sub?

it maybe the amp.

did you try another sub?

it maybe the amp.

Not yet I will hopefully be able to tomorrow I know I can also check the sub coils with a dmm but what does it need to be set at, I know that to set the gain its av 200. Is it the same for the sub? And how can I check the amp

did you try another sub?

it maybe the amp.

Not yet I will hopefully be able to tomorrow I know I can also check the sub coils with a dmm but what does it need to be set at, I know that to set the gain its av 200. Is it the same for the sub? And how can I check the amp

well there are alot of ways. but i never like to play my amp with no where for the power to go.... i allways like to have a sub hooked up. so i would.... simply try any speaker if you dont have another sub... most likly its not the sub,.

You can check the ohm load of each coil using the "ohms" setting. It should look something like this: Ω

ok well as long as the sub ain't blown I should be ok my amp still under warranty

Also the aml doesnt go into protect mode and lights up that's why I thought it was the sub but thanks I can check tommorw w/ another sub and a voltmeter

yea same thing happened to me. i thought i had problems at the cap but it wasnt. i get no sound outta the sub and amp is still in okay mode. checked all connections also. help... o n i got 1 12" ssd

Edited by phi

First thing is to check resistence on the coils with a multimeter... or if you dont have one you can use a 1.2 V (AAA, AA, C, D) battery to pop test the coils. You simply take two wires to the terminals and pop them on the battery to see if the sub makes noise/moves outwards. If you pay attention to polarity (+ and -) then it should move out for both coils. If it does, most likely it is either wire incorrectly to the amp (out of phase) or an amp or other issue.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

Scott

First thing is to check resistence on the coils with a multimeter... or if you dont have one you can use a 1.2 V (AAA, AA, C, D) battery to pop test the coils. You simply take two wires to the terminals and pop them on the battery to see if the sub makes noise/moves outwards. If you pay attention to polarity (+ and -) then it should move out for both coils.

well i had it in the box wired paralleled. so i did the pop test, and it popped outward but does this mean that both coils are okay or do i have to remove from box and test individual sides?

If it does, most likely it is either wire incorrectly to the amp (out of phase) or an amp or other issue.

i have it wired correctly to the amp. so what other issue is it? i checked if rcas fell out behind deck and it wasnt. i checked grounds and they were good. the only thing is that a couple of days earlier i had a lot of condensation on the capacitor, and this is when the sub started to not produce any audio... i cleaned it but sub still doesnt produce any sound. the way i have the power wire running is from the battery to the cap's + and on that pole is also the power wire from the amp. and separate grounds but within 6 inches of each other.

i also read around and some say that the input rca connection on the amp could be messed up. how do i check to see if its messed up? but i really dont think this is it b/c i only had the amp for 4 weeks...

Edited by phi

If it moved when you pop tested it then it isn't the sub...

Your looking at amp issues, or rca issues...

Check all of your grounds, remote turn on leads, rca's etc.

Thanks!

-Nick

well i checked and did everything again n im not sure wat it was but it started to work again when i was at the local audio shop, made me look retarded cus i said something was wrong but it was playing right... weird ill have to see what happens tomorrow tho. thanks

yea i think one of the fuses was kinda loose and i pushed it fully in so that could have been it too.