Sign in to follow this  
jack

new md2 differences

I see two different md2s'

One says "Merlin MD.2" and has all of the connections at the bottom of the amp on the long side

The other says "MD-2D" and has all of the connections on the right end of the amp (this is the one on the usamps.com site durrently)

The power ratings are identical, but there is no way that with all of the radical differences they are te same, one has to be better

My questions are these;

What are the differences (is one like a 5 year old model and the other current?)

And of course, which one has more power! (do they exceed rated power or just meet it? at 2 ohms specifically), Does anyone have specifics or no?

And what else about them should one know?

Thanks for your time and assistance!

Thanks man, that told me a lot.

What do you know about US Amps/ RE being carried at Costco? That's big news for US Amps right, Good job guys!

Here's the first offering, http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...amp;topnav=#Top

What will Costco carry next? Merlins?!?

Does anyone know?

yea when i first heard about the costco thing, i was like WOAH! COSTCO? when jr told me that, i thought he was kidding. im suprised they struck a deal with them. its pretty cool IMO.

i highly doubt the merlins will be carried at costco. the xterminator line is the line where usamps wants to move mass volume, whereas the merlins and ax's will be "specialty" amps only for the car audio stores.

yea when i first heard about the costco thing, i was like WOAH! COSTCO? when jr told me that, i thought he was kidding. im suprised they struck a deal with them. its pretty cool IMO.

i highly doubt the merlins will be carried at costco. the xterminator line is the line where usamps wants to move mass volume, whereas the merlins and ax's will be "specialty" amps only for the car audio stores.

Interesting. I can see why they overated the XT line now. It will obviously appeal to those peopel that only know how to read numbers on an amp rather than the people who expect to get what it says on the side of the amp. Not a bad idea for marketing those amps. I wanted to buy one because they look nice but that was before I knew they were so over rated. I'll just stick with my old schools :)