Aaron Clinton

Second Skin Overkill

I have to say it works very well. At the moment I am no where near done with my sound deadening, but the serious improvement on road noise entering the cabin from the rear of the car, is very nice for the long highway commute.

So freaking easy to install, cut to size, spray adhesive from Second Skin on surface and on the Overkill, lay into place, hold for a few seconds, and done. Cannot wait to do the doors with this too. If I have enough I will do the firewall and floor. Install pictures will come later when I am done.

:drink40:

Look foward to the pics. I was thinking of picking up some myself, but need to watch my funds with the wedding coming up.

never actually installed any yet. i have 3 sheets waiting thou. Not sure if im crazy but im going to use my first sheet underneith the vinyl on my sub box cover sheet. So ill get the nice foam feel with the vinyl and maybe a bit of filtering as well

If I have enough left, I am going to try to put a layer down on the back of the interior panels.

how much did this stuff run you denim? ive been looking to pick some up, and what should i get and how much of it if i wanted to do roof and back of a f250extcab?

Come on denim, where are the pics.

I was just going to wait until all finished. But here is one from earlier on :

9121282790.jpg

No pix right now, but was able to finish both doors and wow serious difference. Yes the reduction in noise levels in the civic are going to be much higher then most, but one layer of overkill did really well. I don't want to take the doors back off, but I would love to add Overkill pro on the outer door skin since I have the depth there to work with.

No pix right now, but was able to finish both doors and wow serious difference. Yes the reduction in noise levels in the civic are going to be much higher then most, but one layer of overkill did really well. I don't want to take the doors back off, but I would love to add Overkill pro on the outer door skin since I have the depth there to work with.

WHy outer not inner?

I Have had better luck with foam on the inner side of the door from my past work ups

WHy outer not inner?

I Have had better luck with foam on the inner side of the door from my past work ups

Because it is already on the inner side. :) Just wanted to add more. Thinking about seeing if I can get Vertex cheap through work and lay it down on the floors on top of the 1 layer of Overkill.