Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

Asendant Audio Havoc 15s

If anyone lives near Ocala and would like a demo of a Havoc 15 or a BTL 15 Let me know through PM. I am off on WEDNESDAYS and SUNDAYS

May sell one or the other just let me know.

If you are going to be at SBN I can bring them to you!!!

NewfolderBTLandHavocs033.jpg

NewfolderBTLandHavocs031.jpg

wish i was close by..i actually wanna hear the havoc..trying to decide btw that and a BL

since you obviously have both how would you describe the difference between the two

Good Question!

Amp is a Sundown SAZ3000-D

Sub's are 1 15" Fi BTL, Daily option and dual mag.

Originally I hooked up the BTL in series so 1500 watts or less. Surprisingly the dual mag BTL will get MOVIN' with only 1500 rms. (Honestly I was probably pushing less) With the daily option the BTL has better SQ than I had anticipated. I was definately impressed with the amplitude of the woofer and many locals around my area that listened to it (including my local JLW7 installers) all guessed 2-15s or more! The highest guess was 4-15s which was after I hooked it up in parallel pulling 2500 watts rms plus. Again I and everyone that listened was impressed - I keep everything running at reasonable levels to take care of these subs which are not mine. Summary if you desire to impress people with only 1 sub the BTL dual mag 15" will do it with 1500rms period..........The thing I didn't like about the BTL is when you really get on it the sub starts to have a lil to much bang. Don't get me wrong I have had 4 18" subs with the perfect 4th order single reflex bandpass enclosure in my vehicle 3 different times and also used to rule Tampa with 34-10s in a perfect loaded horn enclosure in my Chevy S10. I know bass and personally I like the LOWZ along with old skool bass, Techmaster, MC ADE, and Bass 305. Many subs that have an SPL oriented build have a "motor" sound that personally turns me off!.. The BTL has this banging which some people may not even realize but for me it was better than the other SPL subs on the market.

1 15" Ascendant Audio Havoc, both are dual 2 ohm.

The Havoc is definately not as loud as the BTL and isn't going to rule the streets with being the loudest single sub on the market. However the Havoc is definately something I would enjoy in my ride. VERY VERY clean, clear, crisp bass along w/ plenty of SPL. The Havoc definately does it's job. I have friends with W7s and I would go as far to say why buy a JL when the Havoc sounds every bit as good, comes in bigger sizes, & costs half as much. This new Havoc has a great look on the cone (ironically kinda like a W7) and it would be my choice to run 2 havocs over 1 btl any day. If you ever thought you would be happy w/ a W7 then you will definately be happy with the Havoc and so will your wallet.

gotta go back to work but I'll chime back in later.

Fi/Ascendant does it again!

Joe Rod,joey,ronrico,418Fi's

AA Havocs FTW, i dont even have my one 15" havoc installed yet and i cant wait till i can have like 4 of the 18" version in a new whip. def a good sub.

how much louder was the btl than the havoc off that power? I want 2 havocs on a 40.1 but I think it might be too much for them...

AA Havocs FTW, i dont even have my one 15" havoc installed yet and i cant wait till i can have like 4 of the 18" version in a new whip. def a good sub.

You and Steve are a couple of followers. hehe All good though brotha cuz if there's anyone I want behind me it's you.

PS wanna buy a really nice new red whip that just turned 20. hehe....... Am I so funny or just delerious since I have to be at work iin 5 hours!

Damn Roxies

Ronrico

how much louder was the btl than the havoc off that power? I want 2 havocs on a 40.1 but I think it might be too much for them...

The BTL is unquestionably louder, even when ran w/ just less than 1500 watts (Sundown 3000 @ 4ohms).

The Havoc is undoubtedly the better woofer in my opinion for my application. Going to talk to Scott this weekend and find out for sure what will be best for my build of a 4th order, single reflex, bandpass enclosure w/ 418s...

I have been leaning towards the Fi SSD's with copper coil option along with special modification to the parameters making the woofer optimal for an encosure of my type....

Godnight,

Daytona is upon us..............Ronrico

I've got about 3/4 of a sealed box for my two Havoc 15's sitting in my shop!

Can't wait to install it tomorrow!

I've got about 3/4 of a sealed box for my two Havoc 15's sitting in my shop!

Can't wait to install it tomorrow!

Cory,

Are you gonna install both now?

Damn stud get that other 1K on the way big dog.

By the way I know a faster way to Daytona than the way you will prob go,

Gimmie a call bro

Ronrico

Thats why I love my AVA, I can crank it and it doesn't "bang" like my or my friends DD's, or W7's. My Ava just doesn't do it. I hope the havocs are comparable. =)

never heard one but im sure its comparable to a havoc they sound really good.

The Havoc would be more comparable to a Q or maybe even a BL as power. I think you'll be okay as long as you don't pound on them with test tones for more than 15-20 minutes. You might want to stick with a box towards the smaller end of AA's recommendation.

I powered a Q12 (no BP option) with a US Amps USA-2000x. It would do fine except on test tones. The coil would get hot after about 20 minutes of extreme punishment.

I have friends with W7s and I would go as far to say why buy a JL when the Havoc sounds every bit as good, comes in bigger sizes, & costs half as much.

I've been saying the same thing about the Fi Q and AA Havoc. The Havoc is really quick and accurate with a sharpness reminiscent of my old XBL2 XXX in a sealed box.

BTW, pics???

no pics till photobucket is working

the Havoc is a Q fully loaded period.

The Havoc and Q have different specs do they not? They have different motors do they not?

I doubt thats true man.

The Havoc and Q have different specs do they not? They have different motors do they not?

I doubt thats true man.

lol, of coarse they have different specs, they arent the same driver, what would be the point of making 2 identical drivers and giving them different names and looks lol. The Q has a FEA Optimized motor, and the havoc has a triple stack FEA optimized motor..... i think u misunderstood what joe rod was trying to say. The Havoc and the Q are not the same thing in reality, but, i guess u could say a havoc is a Q on crack... both of the drivers are aimed at the same goal, being able to get down and still sound good, and from personal experience both of those subs do it very well.

I doubt thats true man.

The Q's specs are not fully loaded... They are specs from a base model Q.

I've been at SBN and Fi/AA made it clear to everyone their that AA is the flagship line of Fi. That is Fully loaded Fi version of their subs available to dealers. I'm sure you'll all find out the truth soon enough. Otherwise everyone lied to everyone. Dude I was just their and heard it from the whole crew. Youi can't make this stuff up.

Edited by 418FIs

I doubt thats true man.

i think u misunderstood what joe rod was trying to say.

From him hinting that the fully loaded Q has the same specs as Havoc as in the post above is what lead me to post what I did. I understand that they may be very similar in performance and sound. As far as the fully loaded Q being a Havoc, I think that is absurd.

I doubt thats true man.

That is Fully loaded Fi version of their subs available to dealers. I'm sure you'll all find out the truth soon enough. Otherwise everyone lied to everyone. Dude I was just their and heard it from the whole crew. Youi can't make this stuff up.

Are you sure that they didn't mean they are similar in performance and not in exact actual design.

I doubt thats true man.

That is Fully loaded Fi version of their subs available to dealers. I'm sure you'll all find out the truth soon enough. Otherwise everyone lied to everyone. Dude I was just their and heard it from the whole crew. Youi can't make this stuff up.

Are you sure that they didn't mean they are similar in performance and not in exact actual design.

I specifically asked againn and again. The mayhem is a BTL full loaded with triple mag and daily option. Not similar. It's a dealers way of selling a BTL to a customer. The SSD is a Chaos and an incredible speaker that people pass by for some reason. More people shoud own the SSD's, Q's and their AA equivalents.

I doubt thats true man.

I specifically asked againn and again. The mayhem is a BTL full loaded with triple mag and daily option. Not similar. It's a dealers way of selling a BTL to a customer. The SSD is a Chaos and an incredible speaker that people pass by for some reason. More people shoud own the SSD's, Q's and their AA equivalents.

I am talking about the havoc/q statement specifically I know nothing of the other series....

I just called Scott of Fi and left a message so I'll get updated soon enough. If he's busy with travel from Daytona to Las Vegas and not able to get back with me I will straighten it out with Shawn Fleming when he gets off work today!

I've had both a Q and Havoc...similar maybe in application but different magnets, specs, and sound.

I'd say the Chaos would be more similar to a Q.

I was wrong some similarities but not the same. I misunderstood. APRIL FOOLS I guess

Sign in to follow this