Sign in to follow this  
bodybuilding90

2 Fi BL 15 vs. 2 SSA iCON 15

this would most likely go in a ford fusion and i love to listen to chopped and screwed music (im bumpin some real talk by trae chopped up right now :D) so i obviously like it low.Ive made some previous post about 2 BL's with a mtx 92001 but now that im seeing the icons in all these crazy setup im thinkin i want a pair!! the videos are blowin my mind, my budget is no more then 2000 grand for everything, and i know the BL set up will be more unless i buy everything used but i really dont like doin that.So what setup will MOST likely get lower/louder (loud to me is having bass that is head pounding in ur face bass :D) but i also love btutal low end bass. So what do you think will best suit my needs

With 2 million dollars, you could do a whole bunch of stuff. Louder/lower depends on application...if you build the proper box they can both get equally low or equally loud. Also, the loud is going to depend on if you're powering them properly -- do you have an amp already?

They are some what different subs with different design goals in the end. Is sheer output or clean sound your priority? Both will have a good sound and strong output, but they each, when installed correctly, have their strengths.

im goin more twoards output but i also dont want to have slopy bass, the amps are either soundstream pca2000d (ssa icons) or the mtx ta92001 (BL's)

bl's arnt really for sq..but will get loud...the icons have much better sq..actually some have said its the best sounding sub they have heard..and also can get loud if thats what you desire from them..in this case for my money the icon my choice..it has some of everything..

2 Havoc 15's....... They are some really good sounding subs and they can still get down as well, all i listen to is rap really and one havoc 15 does the job it plays those low notes really well and can still get loud.

i have 2 15 bl's on a saz 3000d...... and it does the job very well...... but let me tell you this... you better raise your budget.

600 for subs

300 for box

200 alt

700 amp

300 batts

300 wires............ i cant list all the stuff you will need at this time.. but you will need it

i have 2 15 bl's on a saz 3000d...... and it does the job very well...... but let me tell you this... you better raise your budget.

600 for subs

300 for box

200 alt

700 amp

300 batts

300 wires............ i cant list all the stuff you will need at this time.. but you will need it

Hes right, i just went thru it, im only getting one havoc 15, ive spent over 1000 bux and im only about halfway there lol, it takes some flow to do it the right way, but in the end its all worth it, if ur impatient tho its gonna suck.

i think the cheapest thing about car audio is the subs..and the subs are what makes the noise..lol its getting things to make the subs do what it do that cost alot..

Throw in at least another 130 bucks for 1 roll of RAAMmat...

Edited by Big E

i wonder how many people praising/bashing the BL or the Icon, have actually heard both woofers......

600 for subs

300 for box

200 alt

700 amp

300 batts

what in the flying fudge.

300 for a box, 200 for an alt, and 300 on wires? PLEASE.

try around $50 for a box and thats including screws and glue, 350-400 for a good alt, and $80-100 for the kicker pkd1 kit off ebay.

Edited by George

600 for subs

300 for box

200 alt

700 amp

300 batts

try around $50 for a box and thats including screws and glue, 350-400 for a good alt, and $80-100 for the kicker pkd1 kit off ebay.

Well if u are building ur own box i would say it would be around 70-80 bux if u do it right, but if the guy dosent know how to build one he could be paying upwards of 300-400 dollars if he gets a good one. a good alt does cost that much but u can get one on ebay for about 200 bux that will do just about the same thing, (the only ones that are truly custom are the HO engineering alts)

and dude if u are doin chit the right way i see no reason why u cant drop 300 easy on wires, (people here dont usually recommend wal-mart rca's).

id pick the icons over the BLs all day long

why do you say??

and as far as my equipment, yea i know i have to raise my budget 2000 bucks is a bit low for EVERYTHING

the way you are sounding you should go for the BLs with out a doubt, but i think id look elsewhere for amps besides MTX and the PCA series for soundstream.

600 for subs

300 for box

200 alt

700 amp

300 batts

Well if u are building ur own box i would say it would be around 70-80 bux if u do it right, but if the guy dosent know how to build one he could be paying upwards of 300-400 dollars if he gets a good one. a good alt does cost that much but u can get one on ebay for about 200 bux that will do just about the same thing, (the only ones that are truly custom are the HO engineering alts)

and dude if u are doin chit the right way i see no reason why u cant drop 300 easy on wires, (people here dont usually recommend wal-mart rca's).

the wiring kit on ebay (when i bought it) was a pkd1. comes with EVERYTHING you need besides RCA's. i got it for $83 shipped. i was in the mood to buy some new rcas as well. i bought the knukonceptz klarity kables....$7.99 for 5m ones. and i got 2 of them. better quality than the $30 a piece monster cable rcas i had a while back...

you dont need 70-80 for a box to "do it right" either. mdf is $25 a sheet. depending on tuning and box volume, i have knocked out a box for 2 15's out of 1 sheet...

the way you are sounding you should go for the BLs with out a doubt, but i think id look elsewhere for amps besides MTX and the PCA series for soundstream.

wat can be wrong with getting a TA92001.....i know now that soundstream amps are not the best... but why not mtx amps...i mean i could go for the SAZ-3000D but why spend onther 300 bucks for it when i could get that mtx amp for 825?

wat can be wrong with getting a TA92001.....i know now that soundstream amps are not the best... but why not mtx amps...i mean i could go for the SAZ-3000D but why spend onther 300 bucks for it when i could get that mtx amp for 825?

well because that SAZ-3000D is the chit!!! thats why and if you look at other amps putting out that kinda power there mostly more $$

Edited by dsgfierce1

Make sure you emailed SSA for the saz-3000d price. It's not as bad as you think and after you have owned one sundown amp you will understand why Jacob has soo many fanboys.