jonbearsmt

trunk vs SUV.

check it out... im getting fustrated.... i have a trunk full of great audio.... BUT...... someone with bullchit in the back of there suv is close to being the same ear level audio as I....... so what else can i do... the way i see it is i need an suv... then i can put what i already have in it and it will be 10 times louder....

see and thats my problems.... i have always had trunks...... lincoln towncars... and i tow cars for a living.. and when people get arrested.. and thay have a system ill turn it up a lil... see what it sounds like check this out...

this kidd had 1 sony explode 1 kenwood both 12's

1 lightning audio amp and one viosonic in a explorer.. .and it made my nose tickle....

i have 2 bl 15's on a saz 3000d and mine is deeper and it has a better sound.. but chit... it made my nose tickle the same as my car.... and it pisses me off....

and now im thinkin i need a excusion.. or a navigator.

There's a tradeoff, though...with a larger vehicle you have more airspace to pressurize.

Trunks also have the distinct advantage of providing a great way to do IB in a car, but it doesn't sound like that interests you :)

kinda like bottom mounting subs on the back deck?, nah im not intrested in that.. my back deck is only.... maybe like 11 inches wide, but i offten ask my self if removing the back speakers or cutting up the back deck to alow more air to move between the trunk and the cabin

Or mounting them forward-firing on the baffle...it's been done both ways.

im 6 foot after displacment, tuned at 33 hrz.... i mean its loud..

but its messing with my head.... if i have a log... it the same stuff will be better....

Get a Lincoln Aviator.

im a big boy... i need room. but thay are nice.. i thought about getting my chick one.

yep they suck i know. i went from 3 15's on 1200wrms in a jeep to 1 15 on 400wrms in a grand am. lets jut say theres a slight difference in output.

I went from a Mustang GT to a Yukon so I could buy a bigger system. I will always miss the speed but it was sooooooooo worth it. I had the same problem when I had 3 type-rs in my trunk, and I put 1 in my bros blazer and it was louder. It really was exasperating.

The sub I now have in my wifes trunk was soooo much louder in my old suv, even though it's in a better box now. Only other thing for me would be a hatch or wagon.

I went from a Mustang GT to a Yukon so I could buy a bigger system. I will always miss the speed but it was sooooooooo worth it. I had the same problem when I had 3 type-rs in my trunk, and I put 1 in my bros blazer and it was louder. It really was exasperating.

The sub I now have in my wifes trunk was soooo much louder in my old suv, even though it's in a better box now. Only other thing for me would be a hatch or wagon.

I'll take my fast and quiet mustang over a slow and loud SUV any day. But we all have our own opinions.

Edited by S197

I'll take my fast and quiet mustang over a slow and loud SUV any day. But we all have our own opinions.

I guess so. The Tahoe I have now had like a 7 sec 0-60 when I bought it- not far enough behind the mustang to make it sluggish feeling. After about 1/2 ton of audio equipment it's slower (now it's sluggish feeling lol) but it's still quicker than most 4 bangers and def. fun to drive in its own right (got to love going off curbs and through mud).

Man I want my wife to get a mustang gt like yours- I miss the speed so bad :P

Edited by tejcurrent

i agree with all of that..... my lincoln has about 700 lbs in the trunck... and 20inch steal wheels, in a 5000 lbs car, that is powered by 4.6 liter, plus my fat ass drivin.... so im pretty sluggish already.... but i am comfortable!.... the two big things...... audio....... and i drive trucks allday.... then when i get in my car i find my self driving like im in a truck....... and my poor car.... o i guess there is a third reason.... i live in a college/river town... and summer is a good time to sit high up if ya dig.....

buy i test drove a navigator monday.... i felt out of place..... the arm rest were too low... and everythinjg was fuggin plastic...... the dash the console the door panals it was sad... my towncar is all leather.. the dash the door panals the center console its all leather..... i was sad.

how does a truck with a bed cover and blowthrough come into to all of this mix? pros, cons

i agree with all of that..... my lincoln has about 700 lbs in the trunck... and 20inch steal wheels, in a 5000 lbs car, that is powered by 4.6 liter, plus my fat ass drivin.... so im pretty sluggish already.... but i am comfortable!.... the two big things...... audio....... and i drive trucks allday.... then when i get in my car i find my self driving like im in a truck....... and my poor car.... o i guess there is a third reason.... i live in a college/river town... and summer is a good time to sit high up if ya dig.....

buy i test drove a navigator monday.... i felt out of place..... the arm rest were too low... and everythinjg was fuggin plastic...... the dash the console the door panals it was sad... my towncar is all leather.. the dash the door panals the center console its all leather..... i was sad.

IMHO the new Navigators suck...Look at a Denali or Escalade

as stated many times in this forum i run a wrecker company.... i have the towing contract for the local chevy house.... its my bread and butter... i tow more GM's then ANYOTHER make.

update....

i test drove an excursion today.. it was a diesel 4x4 130k.... all leather... good looking truck.... un like tha navi.. its was more comfortable it was strong, tall and pretty!.... i can really see my self owning one.....

anyone wanna buy my lincoln towncar?

its my bread and butter... i tow more GM's then ANYOTHER make.

lol! Toyota FTW!

You could always redesign your trunk setup and start playing with ideas. I'm sure you can get it loud. I haven't built my permanent trunk box yet, but I'll definately put some time into it's design. I'm not sure if your seats fold down, but I know they're thick.

its my bread and butter... i tow more GM's then ANYOTHER make.

lol! Toyota FTW!

You could always redesign your trunk setup and start playing with ideas. I'm sure you can get it loud. I haven't built my permanent trunk box yet, but I'll definately put some time into it's design. I'm not sure if your seats fold down, but I know they're thick.

well... i have a lincoln towncar cartier L.... the L is longer then a normal towcar... google it...

not only are my seats THICK... the car ia all leather... and the fuel tank sits verticly seperating the trunk..... from the backseats.... im gona put the ter lab on my car this sunday and see what im putting up.... i have tryed many types of sealed boxes before with other subs... i fired them up down side back what ever you can think of... the only ways i can change my box is either try a up firing with my vented box. or..... try another box desin. mine is just vented on one side of the box...

130k is a lot of miles to start with.

130k is a lot of miles to start with.

not on a diesel!!! thats just broken in.. but this diesel smoked a lil... so i wont be getting this one... unlesss...........

but i have one in the impond that went thru our auction... it has 320,000 on it... its a v10 gas.

and i have a lincoln towncar that has 424,000 miles its a 2001... no smoke.. no nuffin.. just power

I want a diesel excursion, was going to get a bio-diesel plant in my garage.

I want a diesel excursion, was going to get a bio-diesel plant in my garage.

lol you dont see many people in houston say that!!>..... i was gonna get a diesel and i keep red diesel fuel witch is much cheaper:P