Sign in to follow this  
imhungnurnot

Sorry for the noob question. But can any mono amp be strapped? and if so does that cut the stable ohm load in half? Thanks

Sorry for the noob question. But can any mono amp be strapped? and if so does that cut the stable ohm load in half? Thanks

Not any mono amp can be strapped without additional equipment. The SAZ and SAE mono amps have built in strapping ability. Some amplifiers will require an external module like a MaxxSonics Maxx-Link to be strapped.

On most amps that are 1 ohm stable alone they will be 2 ohms stable strapped (each amp sees 1 ohm).

Great thread, but <critique> you forgot about to describe the proper procedure for hooking up the remote turn on lead to the head unit when the amps are strapped. </critique>

sorry if this is a bit off-topic but can the 3000 run at .5 daily? the reason im asking is that i have a 12" bl and am planning on ordering another and they are both 2 ohm my options are 2 ohm and .5 for the sub wiring so what would you suggest for me?

sorry if this is a bit off-topic but can the 3000 run at .5 daily? the reason im asking is that i have a 12" bl and am planning on ordering another and they are both 2 ohm my options are 2 ohm and .5 for the sub wiring so what would you suggest for me?

You will have no warranty coverage at 1/2 ohm.

Thank you for the response and I understand about the warranty but with the proper install will it be stable for daily use ? Or is there an alternative?

Thank you for the response and I understand about the warranty but with the proper install will it be stable for daily use ? Or is there an alternative?

Two 1500Ds strapped @ 2 ohms would be a better choice.

Since I do not cover it by warranty I will not tell you that it is okay. People do run them this way, though.

hey jacob,

i have another thread, i was wondering if you could stop in and check it out One woofer gets hotter then the other, 2 sundown saz1500ds strapped , im having some problems. just for my reference, could you post a diagram on how i should have 2 dual 2 ohm woofers wired to 2 1500ds strapped? im pretty sure i have it right, i just want to double check. heres a crappy diagram i made in paint, this is how there wired. is this correct??

mysetup.jpg

That wiring looks fine to me.

Are you sure both woofers are D2 coils? Are both coils reading okay on both subs?

Are you sure both woofers are D2 coils? Are both coils reading okay on both subs?

they should be.i reconed last month and i told scott at fi exactly what i needed. how can i check the coils?

they should be.i reconed last month and i told scott at fi exactly what i needed. how can i check the coils?

Your DMM should be sufficient. Simply read the resistance (impedance). Make sure the woofer is not hooked to the amp and is not moving while measuring. Each coil should read very close to one another.

Your DMM should be sufficient. Simply read the resistance (impedance). Make sure the woofer is not hooked to the amp and is not moving while measuring. Each coil should read very close to one another.

After not thinking about that possibility... i wonder if one sub's recone is D1 and the other D2...

After not thinking about that possibility... i wonder if one sub's recone is D1 and the other D2...

how do i use my dmm to figure it out? iv never done it before, the only thing iv done with a dmm is check voltage on my batterys and such... wat setting do i put it on?

Set it to the ohm setting, it kinda looks like a horseshoe. Then touch it to the + and - terminals of one coil, and see what you get.