Sign in to follow this  
NAH916

Amp Kit Suggestions..

Looking to purchase a good amp kit to power my SAZ 1500d. I was looking at the Kolossus 1/0 Amplifier Installation Kit on Knukonceptz.com, but I'm open to suggestions/brands. Thanks for the help.

I'm a huge fan of knukonceptz, but if wire flexibility is your main concern spend the money and go with kicker hyperflex...

I used knukonceptz for my saz-1500d's last season.

I'm cheap and subscribe to the line of thinking that if you know what you're doing, wire is wire.

I refuse to pay a premium for a fancy color or insulation material on an otherwise normal chunk of welding cable. To this end, I went down to my local welding supply shop and picked up enough 1/0 awg silver plated copper welding cable to run both amps in my truck for $30 out the door. Sure, it's 'ugly' black and wouldn't win in the show department, but it carries a LOT of current, is actually quite flexible, and was cheap.

Make sure if you go the welding cable route you look at the cable first before buying. Silver plated copper is best, solid copper second best. Don't buy aluminum conductor power wire. Also pay attention to how many strands and how flexible the wire is. The more the strands, the more flexible and easier it will be to install. Also, welding cables sometimes have nifty chemical resistant insulations which are probably a fair bit safer than those candy-coloured decorative insulations used on CA wire, especially if you're running the wire underneath the vehicle or exposed to the elements in any way.