basshead08

Kicker or ssa

Finally I am looking for a 15" sub for my truck. The box is going to be about 3.75 cubes tuned to 33 with appr. 1200 wrms.

Here are the two subs I have narrowed down to...

15" Kicker L7 for $185 shipped

15" SSA Icon $230 shipped

I have never heard an icon but I have read great reviews on them. I have dealt with kicker for a few years now and have always been satisfied with their subs. My question is will the ssa icon be noticeably better street beating than the L7 even though the L7 has more cone area.

Is it $50 worth of better sound is the question. I don't mind spending the extra money if it is really gonna be that dramatic of a difference but I'm just looking for the most bang for my buck here.

Is it $50 worth of better sound is the question. I don't mind spending the extra money if it is really gonna be that dramatic of a difference but I'm just looking for the most bang for my buck here.

indeed it is..but we can wait for others to chime in but i would have no problem in saying it is easily worth the difference in sq

ssa

You know you like Kicker, but the Icon has piqued your interest. Buy the Icon and try it out. If you don't like it, you can easily sell it and still have enough money to buy the L7.

You know you like Kicker, but the Icon has piqued your interest. Buy the Icon and try it out. If you don't like it, you can easily sell it and still have enough money to buy the L7.

very, very true.

i would vote the ICON over the kicker as well. the L7 is an awesome driver, but in larger, street beater type boxes, they do tend to get muddy, IME. i own both (well a cvx) and i prefer the ICON.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Alright thanks everyone. I am about to order the ssa right now.

The open box 15" we have for sale has been sold and pending payment. I can get you a brand new if you'd like. PM me and i'll shave a little off the price of it for you since you where intending on buying a the openbox sub.

good choice bud, :drink40: <-- heres a big cold mug of pepto bismol for you fing05.gif

Hey man thanks but whats up with the pepto? lol! Just wonderin

a few years ago some friends bet me i couldnt drink a whole bottle of pepto bismol and i put it all down so its something thats stuck with me..lol

a few years ago some friends bet me i couldnt drink a whole bottle of pepto bismol and i put it all down so its something thats stuck with me..lol

Thats pretty cool. lol Funny as hell though. Thanks for all the advice I can't wait for my sub to get here now. I'm building an all wood console then covering it with fiberglass and a paint job. Its gonna be awesome.

:)