valusft

6 inch subs

anyone know of any good 6inch subs around? I am looking for good sound quality and pretty good low end as well.

Tang Band and JL are about the only two that come to mind right away.

May I ask what the application is? You could always beef up the front stage with large midbasses and remove the need for separate subs altogether :)

A true "subwoofer" by terms of which frequencies it's responsible for reproducing gets fairly inefficient when you go that small.

Midbass drivers are a different story and depending on how space available, you can sometimes fit larger midbass drivers than subs because the lack of a massive motor structure or deep mounting depth commonly found on subs.

Single cab Toyota Tacoma. Already got 2 6inch bazooka's but wanted to get something better. There is almost no room at all to put a box back there either. All kind of crap welded to the back of the cab-no space.

Mypre Audio makes a 6.5" sub.

made a 6.5. i believe they are no longer in business. unless my searchign skills jsut flat suck.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If you can fit a tube, you can fit a box. It will sound WAY better if you do.

Mpyre went down with Adire. It is really too bad, they had some promising products. I happen to own one of the Mpyre 65x's and have 2 more that I am getting for a friend. I tell you, I love that lil sub.