Sign in to follow this  
Nickleahy23

Help me design a blowthrough for my 95 ext cab chevy..18" BTL

well I really miss my back seat. Right now I have a false floor and a box back there. I want to do a blow through really bad. I dont know how to make the box though. The sub is an 18" Fi Audio BTL. I cant mount it vertically because the sub is taller then the bed. It will have to be at some type of an angle. Then I run into the problem of how to make the actual box and how it comes into the cab.Any help would be awesome and if someone could draw up something really nice there could be some cash involved. Right now im running around 7 cubes and ported to 31 hz..I want it to be tuned low cuz it kills the lows with the 18"..Thanks for the help.

Here is what it looks like right now.

100_3284.jpg

And the truck..It has a tonneau cover on it now and its getting painted flat black as we speak.

102_3751.jpg

get me the height and width dimensions for your bed. I doubt i'll need depth.

I'll see what i can come up with.

get me the height and width dimensions for your bed. I doubt i'll need depth.

I'll see what i can come up with.

I think I have about 18" even from floor to top of the rails. I will have to measure the width and how deep I can go. I just have to be able to clear the tubs and the notch cover. The truck is in the paint booth right now so it will take me a little time to get that. Thanks a bunch.

i'm in the same boat right now, 2005 silverado, around 19" of height in the bed, about 50" wide(inbetween wheel humps)

i'm going with 2 18" Q's, sealed box

my biggest problem, or question, is:

should the subs be angled towards the bed?

or towards the tonneau?

i saw one build that had the subs pointed towards the bed, but the box was ported

cheers

btw, i'm new here, cheers

i'm in the same boat right now, 2005 silverado, around 19" of height in the bed, about 50" wide(inbetween wheel humps)

i'm going with 2 18" Q's, sealed box

my biggest problem, or question, is:

should the subs be angled towards the bed?

or towards the tonneau?

i saw one build that had the subs pointed towards the bed, but the box was ported

cheers

btw, i'm new here, cheers

I was about 2 start a topic on this also. I am gonna be doing a blowthrough with 4 of the new ssa 18' s. What would be the best way to do this. I have the exact same truck as 18BTLnBagged bbut mine is single cab. Any help would be really appreciated.

here are a couple of pics from different trucks i been researchin this for the past 4 months. im gonna use 4 18" Fi SSD in a blowthrough. im starting my build this summer

0511tr_view_04_z.jpg

0511tr_view_02_z.jpg

100_1597.jpg

000_0333.jpg

tino.jpg

here are a couple more examples of what you can do.

6thorderblowthrough04.jpg

6thorderblowthrough03.jpg

6thorderblowthrough02.jpg

6thorderblowthrough01.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

thought id post a couple pics of my truck!

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00278.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the pictures...Well Ive been thinking and the only way i can make it work is slant the sub or make it downfireing...Here is a rough drawing i made up...

The bottom slot will be about 5-6" tall and run the length of the box. The left side will be just open air that is below the sub..the right side will be the port. How much room do i need between the bottom baffle and the sub surround? will 5" be alright? heres a super rouch sketch of what im thinking about..

subbox.jpg