Sign in to follow this  
dem beats

98 expedition EB edition

I am going to be deadening my whole truck and SS keeps comming up as a quality brand.

I was wondering how much you think I might need to do the entire vehicle. I'm really hoping to reduce road and wind noise and also stop as much vibration as possible for when I get around to installing some decent audio in there.

LMK what you think would be the right amount and any tips you might have to maximize efficiency of deadening in such a big vehicle.

its really hard to say for ezact, but i contacted ant the owner of SS to see what he would say and he said to around 300 sq ft would do for my truck which is a gmc denali...what i plan on doing is doing the whole back part the roof,the hatch,the sides all 2 layers since thats where the heavy rattling will be and then my doors im doing 1 layer..it can get really expensive but so damn worth it..click the link in my sig about ss and scroll down to see the vids you wont believe your ears..lol

300 isn't bad. I have TONS of crap in the roof. The old owner put in a drop down DVD and something is loose up there and LOUD metal rubbing, so I will be doing the WHOLE roof in at least 1 layer. Thanks for the info though I can't pull up the videos at work but when I get home I will try to check them out if I remember. The roof and doors are my main concern I think. The reart seams to be sooo solid, but I Hate when a car vibrates from tunes.

ya at first i was skeptical about this ss stuff but when i saw the videos i gotta say man my jaw dropped in the difference in sound it gets expensive i mean i wont sugar coat that 1 bit..but hell its so worth it man..you know we spend thousands on dollars on subs and amps that hit hard,loud,low,clear but we spend nothing at all on the cabin..lol and it ends up sounding like we got someone trapped inside banging trying to get out...so to me its worth every penny..

I agree. What about feelings on damp pro vs the regular damp? I am pretty damn sure this will cost me big bucks, but I have decided to keep the truck for a while and just touch it up. I have to re apolster the drivers seat, and then if I do the pass seat... it never ends. I'm cheep but have high quality tastes.... it's a bad combo.

I agree. What about feelings on damp pro vs the regular damp? I am pretty damn sure this will cost me big bucks, but I have decided to keep the truck for a while and just touch it up. I have to re apolster the drivers seat, and then if I do the pass seat... it never ends. I'm cheep but have high quality tastes.... it's a bad combo.

the material is the same only difference is in thickness the regular is Damplifier is 1.5 mm with a 3 mil foil and the pro is Damp Pro is 2.0 mm with a 4 mil foil

the material is the same only difference is in thickness the regular is Damplifier is 1.5 mm with a 3 mil foil and the pro is Damp Pro is 2.0 mm with a 4 mil foil

yes yes but I need FEELINGS... does it give you the warm and fuzzys??

lol

What I meant to ask was do you think there is a value in the price difference for the dollar? I could see some areas where I might use 2 layers of shiz, and others just the 1, but there is a significant price difference when you talk about the size of my unit.

=P

yes yes but I need FEELINGS... does it give you the warm and fuzzys??

lol

What I meant to ask was do you think there is a value in the price difference for the dollar? I could see some areas where I might use 2 layers of shiz, and others just the 1, but there is a significant price difference when you talk about the size of my unit.

=P

man there so many loop holes there i really dont know how or if i even want to answer that..lol

roflmao.. I even re read that to check if I made sence the second time...

Yeah.. it's all about the size of my unit

fing05.gif

now add in the referance to second skin.... wow. I fail

lol

Edited by dem beats