shizzzon

Earthquake!!!

We just had an earthquake here in Louisville, Ky @ 5:37am

Justin - rated a 5.4 and recorded over 200 miles away from here.

Edited by shizzzon

I'm in Charleston, IL (Eastern Illinois University) and that earthquake shook my bed so hard it woke me right up.

Well, i was sleeping in the basement and i cant tell if i woke up due to the shaking or because the person upstairs was yelling earthquake, haha.

This is the 1st one i've felt and in the basement, it was awesome.

Felt like an ultra subsonic rumble that gradually got less and less powerful until it just stopped.

Makin me think.... I want this song with that stereo setup, hehe.

Edited by shizzzon

Haha I know, it was crazy. I thought it was my roommate shaking my bed to mess with me, but when I opened my eyes and no one was in my room I got real confused. Then I heard the cups and plates in the cabinet ratteling and my bed was still moving back and forth. Pretty crazy considering I live in a 4-story, 56 unit apartment building.

I'm sitting in my classroom and I just felt another quake. Much less powerful and for only a few seconds....everyone else felt it too so I can't be imagining this.

god is smiting us for Iraq I think

i slept through the first one this morning, even though i was awaken by the alarm clock just a few minutes later, and didn't feel the second either. the wifey did feel the second one and evidently it caused some damage around here, southern illinois. (by SIU-carbondale)

oh well. shake rattle and roll

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i was in the basement and thought it was the wind. i was just like chittt. and then went back to sleep. i almost convinced my mom that it was just the wind lol.

I'm late on this, but we felt it here in South Bend. That's amazing to me that it would reach this far. Mother Nature is a true beast.

dang. I want to be in a smallish earthquake like that. We don't get many in Kansas. i'm a geologist, so, you know, these things intrigue me. can't help it.