Sign in to follow this  
denalilvr

btls

hey guys i know this is a spl sub, but alot of you folks do use them for daily drivers..how do you like them? i really want to try a few but im worried that they wont sound right..and by that i mean im comming listening to w7's for 6 years..and i know after that many years on 1 sub your ears get accustomed to them..so are the btl's something i listen to all kinds of music like rap and rock daily and still enjoy or am i barking up the wrong tree and should maybe look at bl's? also i have a side question, say you have a 12'' spl sub and a 18'' of the same spl sub, would the 12 sound better and be tighter cause its smaller or no truth to that?

say you have a 12'' spl sub and a 18'' of the same spl sub, would the 12 sound better and be tighter cause its smaller or no truth to that?

No truth to that.

As for whether they'd be accurate enough for you, that's something only you can know for yourself...

If your really worried about the SQ of it.just look into a Fi Q.

Edited by JoshHd6

well i was going to do 4 18's q's but i thought if i could go 2 btl 18's and save some space and money and be just has loud id go that way..i just dont know how much sq id be losing..keep in mind i wouldnt be entering any sq comps..i just want something that sounds good for daily use..lol

u already know what i say.

i just want something that sounds good for daily use..lol

That has no universal meaning.

Best bet is to get input from people who have generally the same tastes as you...

i just want something that sounds good for daily use..lol

That has no universal meaning.

Best bet is to get input from people who have generally the same tastes as you...

i find that impossible and insulting..no one can compare to my level

lol..j/k

lol yup bls 2 of them in a large box tuned right with good power... should do the trick for you..... there has to be someone in your state with bls'

4 18" Q's would be pretty dang sick, just depends on exactly what you want, you can def. beat on BTL's harder than Q's, but they won't sound as good. I am getting ready to do two 18" BTL's myself, and will be daily, i came to the decision after some reading, thinking, and a conversation or two with Scott.

do the 4 18" Q..OMG that would be insane..much louder then 2 18" btl..

:bsflag:

just found the review section on this site and i read all the reviews on the bl and to my surprise they all said how good the sq was..so i think im going to take a chance and do the bl's instead....I THINK...LOL

good choice

yups you'll BL happy

*corny i know*

Edited by theabunai

Sign in to follow this