Guest zedman

What happens???

all im saying is if the complaint is about a regular member then ya i'll use the report link, but if its about a mod id get more results playing pick up sticks with my butt cheeks then i would using the report link..lol

Bullshit.

Everyone has a bad day here and there, and sometimes as a result we step over the line. It gets dealt with and everything gets taken care of. This isn't your typical message board - the vast majority of the moderators here are original members and have been around each other on many message boards for years ... this place is not run by 15 year old pimple faced cheeseburger eating sit on the couch all day child with a mental instability caused by a lack of social interaction. We're a close knit group and we take action within that group when it is needed.

You want order? Here's the verdict:

Take a chill pill. It's the internet. In a couple of weeks, no one will remember this.

If you'd like, you can take a break from SSA for a week. Sometimes it helps to get away and cool off, and personally after seeing you post over the last week Denalilvr, I think you need to do just that.

wow just a little harsh dont you think.................. like you siad its the internet let him vent

You want order? Here's the verdict:

Take a chill pill. It's the internet. In a couple of weeks, no one will remember this.

If you'd like, you can take a break from SSA for a week. Sometimes it helps to get away and cool off, and personally after seeing you post over the last week Denalilvr, I think you need to do just that.

wow just a little harsh dont you think.................. like you siad its the internet let him vent

Not harsh at all. SSA is not the place for internet drama queens. That's what Caraudio.com is for.

watch this topic get closed....

i agree.... with both parties if anyone cares... i have been talked down too... but in my life every one will talk down to you untill you stand up.... i have seen ALMOST everyone get on here a lil hot headed and say some shit thay didnt mean.... even me.....

i love ssa.

watch this topic get closed....

i agree.... with both parties if anyone cares... i have been talked down too... but in my life every one will talk down to you untill you stand up.... i have seen ALMOST everyone get on here a lil hot headed and say some chit thay didnt mean.... even me.....

i love ssa.

dont think it will..............get closed that is................to many alfa males in one room and things start to jump off sometimes you know what i mean................you smell that..................... to much testosteron in the air.............lol

Ok, as mentioned before by Steve-o, many of the moderators on here are long time audio people and a good bunch of them were even here with us before the rebuild in 2002. We have a few new newer mods, they were brought on after being here for a long time and the increase in traffic needed it. But as a mod staff who I put in place, are a tight group, and are a mixed group of different skills, talents and sound preferences. Sean could spend $3k on his front stage, where as Kent could drop the same amount on his sub stage. Heck, even between Mark and I, there are different listening preferences and skills and backgrounds, and that is why we are different from other forums who are all bass heads or all SQ nuts, it is a quality mix of different people on the mod staff. Honestly, we really do not need as many mods as we have, but people have lives and cannot be here all that often, so others are here to pick up the slack if it needs to be.

As mentioned by Ryan or Scott I believe, we work well as a group and discuss everything in detail and decide as a group. I am sure there are many things, I probably should just make an executive decision and not even bring it up in the mod section, but that is not how we do things here at SSA. It is a democracy in that respect. The weird thing about all of this is the sheer lack of moderation that is done here. This is due to little to moderation needed. The SSA forums, on average, more laid back and zero drama because the mass majority of people are respectful of others. There are so few "reported" posts that when one is reported it really sticks out. Most of the moderation here is Johnecon being on the ball and moving topics to their correct location, or someone else closing a duplicate topic etc. I can see all moderator logs and actions, so everything is on record, unless I purge them, which has never been done since the inception of the website.

To get to the point, if there is ever a serious issue, drama filled topic, or problem, contact me, either through PM's or email, if you don't want to talk to a mod or deal with another member. I try to keep a level temper on here and I will talk with everyone involved and do my best to find a solution. Occasionally there is a topic that gets heated, but that is because SSA members are passionate about this hobby. But, due to the quality of the members here, it is very rare that a moderator has to step in, because people talk it out and come to an agreement or agree to disagree.

I will not lock this because that is not who we are. If there is any questions after my post, always feel free to PM me regardless. I have a huge PM box for a reason. Please don't go after the mod staff or a member, shoot me a PM and we will work it out.

kum ba ya

:P

Guest zedman

I guess I didn't think this would end up going where it did however I myself feel that it is not fair to those of us who are not in the popular clique and who do not see things the same way as everyone else to be treated less than someone who has a higher post count. In my opinion there should be a thread that is open to report incidences with moderators for all to read. not one for the moderators to edit confront belittle or make comments to. Just one that shows the general character of the moderator. With this in place you Aaron and Mark can see the log of valid complaints by the other members that spend time here. It has been my experience that the drama that is involved in most threads here almost always involves certain moderators. Then that person disappears; most likely the were suspended for disagreeing and not backing down from something they believe in. This I firmly believe is our loss as an online community. We lose their expertise or their insight on something we know nothing about. I am not going to point fingers and start a fight but when you are reading the threads look at the post counts notice there are not many people with high post counts. YOU could be the reason those people are not here and when more than one person tell you that you are an arseho or that you are rude then most likely YOU should look at what you are being told. I usually like coming here and waste some time reading to relieve stress by seeing what works for everyone here and what doesn't. There are a handful of people that really make it discouraging to post new threads and pics of install because of what you say to other members. to those of you who is defending the rude behaviors from the moderators with "everyone has bad days" I would say leave that at home and just because you are having a bad day you do not need to take it out on anyone here. maybe just maybe YOU should take a week off.

Thank you Aaron and Mark; this is truly the best forum for autosound on the web. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

PS I don't think a moderator should be able to suspend anyone it should be up to the admins only. they seem to always be fair minded and reasonable.

Edited by zedman

You were the last person given a break... a month ago. I there hasn't been a dozen in the time I've been part of the moderating group. The moderators here also cannot ban users, we can remove posting privileges for a period of time, but we cannot IP ban. Only the admin (Aaron & Mark) can.

Is that the reason for this thread?

Edit: Just looked, from what I can see, not even 6 users have been given breaks since I started.

In my opinion there should be a thread that is open to report incidences with moderators for all to read.

Make one in that case. Although so far you haven't said who you're talking about, so I don't know what you're expecting out of this.

Post count means squat. If someone's immature, doesn't matter if they have a hundred posts or 20,000. The reverse is also true.

Guest zedman

Actually it was over a month ago and it was a complete lie I have never personally attacked anyone on this forum. that moderator is a lier we both know what was said and what was made up in his head. I have nothing else to say about that and No that is not what this is about I come here everyday and read the threads I am interested in and quite honestly the moderators are usually the rudest pucking people that come here. I wanted to know what happens when the report button was pushed just like my OP. the rest is in my previous post. I have no motives other than that. have an awesome night.

Zedman there is one other thing that you aren't taking into consideration. Part of the reason this is a mostly drama-less site is because as a mod staff we don't allow mis-information to spread. Of course it is always limited to the best of our ability, but nonetheless when people say things that aren't true they get called on it. Other sites let stuff like that fly which really takes away from the context and reliability of the information on the site and makes it a joke. Of course feathers get ruffled when this involves directly disagreeing with someone, but the antagonism is 99.9% then pushed by the person who was misinformed. In reality the mod staff here is really, really transparent in particular for a car audio webforum which are typically dominated by people with no experience but big typing fingers. The not so amusing part to me here is that you are bringing this up from a very small sampling of what happens here, and if you really sat back and looked at all of the developments historically you would be seeing them from a different side.

Guest zedman
Zedman there is one other thing that you aren't taking into consideration. Part of the reason this is a mostly drama-less site is because as a mod staff we don't allow mis-information to spread. Of course it is always limited to the best of our ability, but nonetheless when people say things that aren't true they get called on it. Other sites let stuff like that fly which really takes away from the context and reliability of the information on the site and makes it a joke. Of course feathers get ruffled when this involves directly disagreeing with someone, but the antagonism is 99.9% then pushed by the person who was misinformed. In reality the mod staff here is really, really transparent in particular for a car audio webforum which are typically dominated by people with no experience but big typing fingers. The not so amusing part to me here is that you are bringing this up from a very small sampling of what happens here, and if you really sat back and looked at all of the developments historically you would be seeing them from a different side.

I am just pointing out that sometimes it is the mods that are wrong or rude and there is nothing in place to deal with that except to

1. Either shut up and deal with it or

2. see # 1

to me that is messed up.

I agree that most of the moderators on here are swell at communicating with other human beings but there are times when they need to be accountable for what they say in this forum. Once again I am not trying to argue start a fight I just wanted to know what happens when you push the button and how the accountability works. the end.

You are sort of making the point of saying something wasn't foul to a referee in a game. Hard to judge, but believe me if you do send out a note all of the mods will see it and remember & take note. If the behavior is bothersome to the mod/admin team it will be dealt with. In other words, click the little report button and say what you will say. It does get copied to the whole mod staff so there is no mod can take it back or hide it. By default there is accountability that is dealt with in exactly the same way that it is dealt with if it is a non-mod member since all of the team will see it.

My 3 cents.

Should thank your stars that you weren't around for the cso.org days.

You'd feel raped, and pillaged. And unsure of your true sexual preference.

No lie.

These guys way too nice...

i'm also going to add this, when i get a reported pm, i read the offending the link (if it hasn't already been dealt with). regardless of who you are reporting. but if in my OPINION, it's not offending, insulting or whatever teh case may be, i let it go. if i feel as though something needs to be done, i do it. key word though, OPINION. sometimes wjsut might not agree that the post/thread is wrong or has anything wrong with it. no offense intended, but we are human. and we have our own views.

my $.04. jsut so i can say i put in more then nick.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: