denalilvr

component speakers

how many of you guys actually give your components there suggested rms or under? and how many of you over power them? i was thinking around another 50 watts over suggested rms wouldnt kill them would it?

Totally depends on how things integrate...sometimes lots of power is needed to get the desired midbass response, other times it has the effect of flattening the sound stage and making things sound worse. If you're running active, the specific amount of power used is almost meaningless anyway because there's likely to be big differences in the amount of power the tweets, midranges and/or midbasses are getting.

More is not always better.

how many of you guys actually give your components there suggested rms or under? and how many of you over power them? i was thinking around another 50 watts over suggested rms wouldnt kill them would it?

Well my pdx puts out 150 rms, type-r's handle 110rms. They eat it up no problem. I get good mid-bass and thats why I'm adding more sound proofing to the doors next week ;) Type-r are only 87dB sensitivity though. Many others are higher then that.

Headroom can be your friend, but just because you have it doesn't mean you set the gains to give it out.

ahh... thay are ok... i mean thay sound nice.. when o play classical or even rock... but rap.. i donno.. every rap song plays diffrent, before i got these i had 4 mtx 5x7's i cant remeber what model. type r's sound better then the mtx's did....

im prolly gonna change my line up but im not sure what im gonna change to...

you have what 6 1/2's up front... and what the same in the back?

ahh... thay are ok... i mean thay sound nice.. when o play classical or even rock... but rap.. i donno.. every rap song plays diffrent, before i got these i had 4 mtx 5x7's i cant remeber what model. type r's sound better then the mtx's did....

im probably gonna change my line up but im not sure what im gonna change to...

you have what 6 1/2's up front... and what the same in the back?

ya im using boston acoustics pro 60 models

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=1078

I always figure a 50wrms/ch amp may clip at 50w, and if your speakers are rated at 50w that is bad. A 75wrms/ch amp should not. Also depends on the amp, I have a 2x40 that works nice and beats some 2x75 I have used. But I like to use lower wattage speakers in general and take the chance as I am careful when I beat them. Most of the time (excluding expensive drivers) they seem to sound better to me. Maybe higher sensitivity? Right now my front comps are rated for way more power than the amp I am using (5ch), sounds ugly when it distorts can't wait to swap amps to something larger.