Sign in to follow this  
dem beats

New SQ thread

I am leaning slightly to the L4 just due to price and curiosity. Wich says allot because I am a SEAS fanboy. I have heard them 2 times and was blow away pretty well.

I still need to hear your vehicle too Sean!

I can fudge a bit with the tweet anyway, I'm not quite as concerned.

Wasn't hybrid going to be sold through SSA too? If it was and the price was a bit less I would try hybrid all the way around but what they want for the 8" is waaay too rich for my blood on the site where I found the L4.

The SLS seams really flat on it's graph really high up to 800-100hz even. That does open the window up a bit.

Edited by dem beats

Hi dem_beats:

Thanks for considering the Hybrid Audio L4's. I doubt that you will see them for sale here on SSA for quite a while, if ever, so you can purchase direct through Hybrid Audio or through LMF Audio. The price is the same.

The L4 plays to 17,000 Hz on axis. Even still, I'd recommend a tweeter. A small, high-resonance tweeter crossed at 10,000 Hz or so would do the trick!

If you need any additional information, please e-mail me at sbuwalda [at] hybrid-audio [dot] com.

Scott Buwalda

I am leaning slightly to the L4 just due to price and curiosity. Wich says allot because I am a SEAS fanboy. I have heard them 2 times and was blow away pretty well.

Wasn't hybrid going to be sold through SSA too? If it was and the price was a bit less I would try hybrid all the way around but what they want for the 8" is waaay too rich for my blood on the site where I found the L4.

The SLS seams really flat on it's graph really high up to 800-100hz even. That does open the window up a bit.

Scott, you should make it so you can sell them here!! :)

Hi dem_beats:

Thanks for considering the Hybrid Audio L4's. I doubt that you will see them for sale here on SSA for quite a while, if ever, so you can purchase direct through Hybrid Audio or through LMF Audio. The price is the same.

The L4 plays to 17,000 Hz on axis. Even still, I'd recommend a tweeter. A small, high-resonance tweeter crossed at 10,000 Hz or so would do the trick!

If you need any additional information, please e-mail me at sbuwalda [at] hybrid-audio [dot] com.

Scott Buwalda

The Legatia L8 is capable of 2000 hz, and will be crossed to a tweeter there in my set-up.

Hi dem_beats:

Scott Buwalda

The Legatia L8 is capable of 2000 hz, and will be crossed to a tweeter there in my set-up.

Bold move! What tweet? and where will the low pass be on the l8

Personally I'd rather run a 2 way using an 8" midbass and a 3" full range mid with no tweeter than an 8" midbass/range and a tweet. IMO having as much as possible of the acoustic spectrum come from a single driver is a great solution. Of course, the caveat is other than the L8 there really aren't 8's that play high enough to do it effectively so I haven't tried either. Mounting locations will determine a lot though. If both drivers are right next to each other I am much less concerned about breaking up the frequency response between them.