denalilvr

credit score?

I exude facts not arrogance. I have first hand experience but I am sure MY word means nothing here so I posted factual evidence that anyone could read.

An "inquiry" is a "check" therefore you shouldn't do it.

You are trying so hard to instigate things perhaps instead you should try to absorb. :(

Guest zedman

you are right I am wrong you win

dave, and to whomever cares...

annualcreditreport.com

you get one free report per year, per company. meaning, you get one fre from transunion, one free from equifaz and one from experian. so you can get up to 3 free per year, and at the above mentioned site, there is no hidden anything. so states do allow up to two a year, so that could mean 6.

Checking your FICO score can hurt your credit

Unfortunately, I heard this one from a mortgage broker who is otherwise pretty smart. He was confused about which type of inquiries hurt your score and which don't.

Applying for new credit is generally what hurts your score. Ordering a copy of your own credit report or credit score doesn't count. Those mass inquiries made by credit card lenders, who are trying to decide whether to send you an offer for a pre-approved card, also aren't going to hurt you, either -- unless you actually take them up on their offers.

If you want to minimize the damage from credit inquiries, make sure that when you shop for a mortgage you do so in a fairly short period of time. The FICO score treats multiple inquiries in a 45-day period as just one inquiry and ignores all inquiries made within 30 days prior to the day the score is computed.

taken from from msn money

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: