hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows (or heard) of soundstream making good amps. im debating buying either a soundstream pca2000d or a kicker zx1500 amp. they both push 1500rms when wired at 2 ohms. naturally i would just go for the kicker because no one seems to have anything bad to say about them and are under rated, i just dont like the fact that the kicker can't wire down to one ohm if i decide i want more power. please lemme know if you heard anything bad or good about soundstream...thx-phil

the pca2000d wont be giving you 1500 rms. and i think ppl say that the new soundstream amps are not that good.

the pca2000d wont be giving you 1500 rms. and i think ppl say that the new soundstream amps are not that good.

The Soundstream will give you around 2000 watts @ 1ohm with 14+volts. It is a solid amp and can be had for a good Price on ebay. the are no longer being made so the price now is better than ever.

Not sure why you think they wont give 1500 watts? I have personally benched this amp and got around 2011 watts out of it. This amp and the PCA 1500d do rated power. The 1000d is closer to 900watts that 1000.

are you sure they dont make the pca line anymore cus i was about to get one a couple of months back and saw that they are new on the website.

I'd rather have the older Soundstream lines. They made some very good amps in the past, not so sure about the newer models.

i ran a pca2000d on a xxx15 for a few months. it was a great solid amp. didn't get warm and beat the chit out of my sub. after 3 months though it just fudgeed up and sent a DC signal to my sub. no clue as to why but it just went sour. compared to the power output of my sundown1500d the pca did better. it's not as efficient but still a good budjet amp.

are you sure they dont make the pca line anymore cus i was about to get one a couple of months back and saw that they are new on the website.

yes I am sure. The PCA line has been replaced by the new PCX line. The fallowing is specs for the PCX2000d

* RMS Power @ 4 ohm: 1100W x 1

* RMS Power @ 2 ohm: 1500W x 1

* RMS Power @ 1 ohm Mono: 2000W x 1

* TSTTM (Twin Stack Technology) Allows 2 amplifiers to power single load

* FR4 Circuit Board

* Mono-block Mosfet Class D Circuitry

* Continuously Variable Low-Pass Crossover

* Continuously Variable Subsonic Filter

* Variable 18dB Bass Boost

* Platinum RCA and Power Inputs

* 1 Ohm Stability

* Accepts up to 16V DC Power Input

* Glossy Black Hairline Anodized Heatsink

* End Caps for Professional Installation

* THD: 0.50%

* S/N ratio: >85

* Damping Factor: >200

* Input Sensitivity: 200mV-8V

* Subsonic Slope: 24dB

* Subsonic (Hz): 15 - 40

* Low Pass Filter(Hz): 50 - 150

* Low Pass Filter slope: 24dB

* Subwoofer EQ.: 0-18dB

* Phase (degree): 0 - 180

* Remote Bass Boost Control included

* Dimensions:10"(W)x2.5"(H)x22.2"(L)

i guessed i must have made a mistake between the pca n pcx

I am with Jim, Ref's/USA's/SA's etc.

Rubi, Van Gogh's, Davinci, First run 2000watt Tarantula and the Tarantula TR line were all sweet amps as well.

Edited by dave_damage

i used a pca1500 last season for some local low power classed shows, and loaded down it gave me over 1600 watts on 12v system. they are solid amps

i ran a pca2000d on a xxx15 for a few months. it was a great solid amp. didn't get warm and beat the chit out of my sub. after 3 months though it just fudgeed up and sent a DC signal to my sub. no clue as to why but it just went sour. compared to the power output of my sundown1500d the pca did better. it's not as efficient but still a good budjet amp.

Gut pics please :D

The layout on the PCA1000D looks similar to the layout on the Ground Zero Nuclear 1.2500D. Me thinks the PCA2000D could be the same thing as the GZ, meaning it's a pretty decent amp and a rather cheap 1.8kw.

damn maybe i underestimated the soundstreams...

A lot of their newer products have been pretty hit or miss the last couple of years.

sick! i guess i'll go with the soundstream over the kicker since it wires to one ohm and people who tried it say its good stuff. one things for sure about soundstream, they make some sexy looking products. i hope the reliability stays sexy too...

i did run the Pca 2000d on 3x SS T4 15" @ 0.87ohm for a Yr without a problem did a 151db in a leaky old F-150

my friend Curtis did a 148.6db with 2x 10" Treos

and lil Cody the newest member of Team Gorilla Pimpin did a 149.6db with said amp and my old Re Sx 15" in my 3cf boxx

all of us agree it is a great amp !!!