Sign in to follow this  
basshead08

40.1 questions

First of all, is the 40.1 still in production because I tried to find it on the website and it wasn't there. Secondly, can anyone ballpark what the 40.1 is rated at 0.5 ohms?

First of all, is the 40.1 still in production because I tried to find it on the website and it wasn't there. Secondly, can anyone ballpark what the 40.1 is rated at 0.5 ohms?

No, they aren't in production anymore, as we stopped awhile back. Look for new models to replace them soon!

1/2 ohm power is based on imp rise, normal power at 14.4 is 4400-5000.

Thanks,

Nick

I have been running mine for a couple of months at 0.5 (0.35 DCR) and I LOVE to play them full power. No problems at all. Man they make some series power at 0.5. You can pick them up used around $700-750 - worth every penny :D

Man nick, I hope you don't have something coming that is going to make we want to change amps. . . I am finally almost happy with my system.

I have been running mine for a couple of months at 0.5 (0.35 DCR) and I LOVE to play them full power. No problems at all. Man they make some series power at 0.5. You can pick them up used around $700-750 - worth every penny :D

Man nick, I hope you don't have something coming that is going to make we want to change amps. . . I am finally almost happy with my system.

any idea what kind of output you're getting at 0.5? I know its gonna vary from setup to setup but I'm just trying get an estimate.

Have not clamped them yet, so here is all the info I can give you all based on measured SPL. Some of it may be usless, but it may give you an idea. :)

I know the strapped pairs of MD3D's were doing over 4200, and I know the 40.1's at 0.5 are doing more than strapped pairs of MD3D's.

Even at 1 ohm, the 40.1's were very close in output to the MD3D's.

With the 40.1's at 0.5, I gained exactly 2 dB vs. running them at 1 ohm.

And one last thought - I have not measured impedance rise with these subs, but if I use every other sub that has been in this enclosure as reference, I will guess I am running just under 1 ohm total load. Every sub I have measured in this box runs an average of 2X the DCR for my measured impedance.

Does the same go for the 20.1? Or will production continue for it?

Production will continue for it......with a change ;)

Does the same go for the 20.1? Or will production continue for it?

Production will continue for it......with a change ;)

Sweet.

:woot:

Can't wait to see those. fing05.gif

You can pick them up used around $700-750 - worth every penny :D

Where?

Really, I've been trying to find a pair for weeks.

I bought my 4 used and they were all over the place for sale. . .

Man I am thinking about buying 4 more. Hope I can find them.