Sign in to follow this  
lance_aka_64

need a 15" recone for a TC-9 +

i know a guy just made a thread about a tc9 recone but i didn't want to jack his thread. so yea im wondering how much a dual 2 ohm 15" recone would be for a TC-9+ motor, i already have a 15"12 spoke basket for it. shipped to zip 55407.

Thanks

-Lance

Edited by lance

best bet is to probably email them. I know they are busy and all, but it's currently still the best way to get ahold of them.

best bet is to probably email them. I know they are busy and all, but it's currently still the best way to get ahold of them.

yea, i know but last time i needed a recone that took forever.

Than I suggest pm'ing NDMstang65. Just my .02 though.

Perhaps you should treat your drivers better. :Doh: Or just plan ahead and realize it is going to happen...

No, don't PM me...email me

I hate PM's. I'm almost going to turn them off again lol.

Perhaps you should treat your drivers better. :Doh: Or just plan ahead and realize it is going to happen...

you would have to know the reason i need a recone first to tell me what to do. the last recone i got was for my friends btl and i think the only reason it took so long is that scott was out of town. for this sub i had already reconed it but i had to put the kit together... being my first recone i messed up and put the coil in the wrong place and didn't aline (sorry for the horrible spelling) it properly... so with that said it it bottomed out easily and the coil rubbed... lol so i just plugged it in the wall and watched it fry. it was cool. so now i am looking in to a fi recone for it since it will be put together. the btl recone went good so i know i can do another one.

Edited by lance

What is a TC9+ motor? Is it any different from a regular TC9? What was the original driver? The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of TC9 motors that are mated with Fi recones. Most of my TC9 motors came from Elemental Designs E12.22 subs (the sticker is still on them). Dual 1" magnet slugs and an extended pole piece. The 3", 4 ohm coils from Fi fit perfectly. I have one TC9 motor that is a little odd. Even though it has dual 1" magnet slugs, the pole piece is not extended and the gap is smaller. I plan on reconing this as well but requesting a 4 layer voice coil instead of 6 or 8 layers. Basically, something that will give me more than 1mm of play between the VC and the top plate.

-Robert

EH crap

Didn't see this was a "9+"

I don't have a clue what the difference is...what kind of coil are you wanting to go in it? (both of you) Flatwire aluminum or something more along the lines of copper based or what?

EH crap

Didn't see this was a "9+"

I don't have a clue what the difference is...what kind of coil are you wanting to go in it? (both of you) Flatwire aluminum or something more along the lines of copper based or what?

i may be wrong on the + but it came from a Sonic FX Q12...dual 2 copper coil is fine.

Thanks

-Lance

the tc-9+ is basically a tc-2000. but you can use a tc-9 coil... the tc-2000 coil is just longer. the recone i got before was a tc-2000 coil... i just want the regular 15" tc-9 recone kit.

thanks

-Lance

the tc-9+ is basically a tc-2000. but you can use a tc-9 coil... the tc-2000 coil is just longer. the recone i got before was a tc-2000 coil... i just want the regular 15" tc-9 recone kit.
Now I know the specific TC9 motor you have. That is the wider gap with the extended pole piece. The same thing that I am using with Fi 18" recones. My kits came from Fi with 60mm long coils. There is more than enough room since the motor is 75mm deep.

-Robert

Scott/Nick, do you have a idea when you guys will get to this order? im sure you guys are busy building BTL's and all and may not have time to build the re-cone at this moment.

Edited by lance

We'll pick a day next week and knock out a bunch of recones more then likely.

Thanks!

-Nick

bump

i know i bumped yesterday and it was Sunday so you guys probably don't even look at this stuff on Sundays but i sent payment eleven days ago... sent 94 bux on the 8th. i have gotten nothing. please let me know whats up.

Thanks

-Lance

Sign in to follow this