Sign in to follow this  
soundmekanixdan

Trailblazer door build, 4 x Ascendant 7in Midbass

Started working on the doors of the trailblazer yesterday.....2 x 7in asecendant midbass in each of the front doors, as well as 2 tweeters (probably 4)....

pics...didnt get too much done but here they are...

badass jigsaw...

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg - some VERY rough pre cuts

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

Why 2 tweeters, and why 4???? One should more than keep up with a pair of those mids if you choose it right.

Is there a difference in sound with the carbon's as opposed to the Poly's. Also, I thought the basket and magnet were going to get reworked and more "car friendly." What tweets is AA using now?

Edited by JazzScreamer

Keep the pictures coming. :)

Yes, there will be an autosound friendly 6.5" version coming up... just want to run through the standard basketed versions first... got quite a few of those :)

Dealers have been happy with them and the tweeters so far. Seems to be picking up pace with orders which will ensure that the newer baskets get thrown into the mix even faster.

Keep us updated on the build :)

Thanks,

Scott

dont have any pics yet, camera is broken, but have everything laid out for the passenger door, have a piece of wood behind the holes attached with resin and glue.....have the speaker brackets done .......should be working on the first layer of glass tomorrow

couple more pics, this might be a slow process at best.....work has been kicking my ass lately

....basic layout of the mids:

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

....covered with fleece...ready for first coat of resin...

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

I am curious as to why you chose to aim them that way?

that all seams odd to me, but it will look nice I suppose.

The drivers look nearly identical to the 6.5s in my energy RC tower speakers. Pure sexy look.

Are you gonna open the backs into the doors ? That's not very much airspace for those drivers other wise :)

Sign in to follow this