Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SD-1 v.2 10" Blowout Sale

The SD-1 v.2 10" subwoofer is going on sale! Fantastic dual 4-ohm voice coil USA made driver.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=18579

* Review by JimJ

MSRP was $229 on these drivers. You won't be able to find another fully USA manufactured driver that is as shallow and performs as well for near the blow-out price of $115 *shipped* in the USA each. This is HALF the original price.

COMBO DEALS:

SAX-100.2 + 2x SD-1 v.2 10" - $425 (shipped)

SAE-1000D + 2x SD-1 v.2 10" - $500 (shipped)

*** 1000Ds are sold out right now - July 23, 2008

Paypal me at sundownz@sundownaudio.com to take advantage of this offer.

Due to the blow-out pricing these subs include only a warranty against DOA and no further warranty. Re-cone parts will remain available for quite some time, though!

We are making room for the next generation SD-1 v.3 model.

----------

DESCRIPTION:

These subs will throw down in very small enclosures and will now handle much more power than the original SD-1. Ideal for shallow truck enclosures! They utilize a single 6" diameter magnet slug to achieve the necessary flux. Behind the cone you will find a progressive roll spider and a special treatment applied to the back of surround and upper lip of the cone to get more stability from the surround and to bring the Mms to where it needed to be. The leads are offset out to the sides and slightly raised to eliminate the possibility for slapping and the motor itself has quite a bit of clearance for the coil thanks to a deeply bumped back plate.

These are serious SQ subs in a very shallow and efficient package. Made the in the USA to the highest possible standards to last for many years to come.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dual 4-ohm impedance

2.5" diameter voice coil

Kapton voice coil former

400-watts RMS rated power

12mm linear excursion one-way

4.5" mounting depth

Narrow profile foam surround for low Mms and maximum cone area

High quality polypropylene cone and dust cap

MADE IN USA

Qes = 0.437

Qms = 4.545

Qts = 0.399

Fs = 28.77 Hz

VAS = 56.92 L

Mms = 88 grams

Cms = 337 uM/N

RE = 7.31 ohms (series)

BL = 16.55 N/A (series)

Le = 2.13 mH (series)

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Still have some of these available.

Again, bulk discounts available - PM me if you want a bunch of them!

so u said u did have a package for a pair of these available or was that 3 drivers or more? i thinking of upgrading my brothers 350z from idq 10's to these and ridding of the pdx 600.1 alpine to maybe a sae 1000D or he might keep with a 1000.1 pdx since he can stack.

pm me jacob. is 450 to much per driver if clean power and lpf kept to around 71 @ 24 / 80 @ 30 slope. with a ssf around 22hz @ 30db slope.

i am thinking about doing 4 of these in my 98 s10, reg cab what you think?

i am thinking about doing 4 of these in my 98 s10, reg cab what you think?

I think you are going to have a hard time fitting them, but if you can I like the idea.

I got mine last night. I am super impressed with the build quality! Beefy little sucker too!

how do these subs compare to the kicker cvr 10's? I have 2 of those running off an alpine pdx1000 but its just not cuttin it anymore. I want something louder but I have limited space to work with since enclosure is under the backseat of my truck. Considering the setup I have now, and comparing it to 2 of these subs running of a sundown 1000watt amp, which one would be louder?

These are SQ subs - I'm not going to tell you they'll be louder than your existing subs.

How many of these do you still have left? And is there a better deal if 2 or more are purchased? Thanks.

These are SQ subs - I'm not going to tell you they'll be louder than your existing subs.

How many of these do you still have left? And is there a better deal if 2 or more are purchased? Thanks.

If you buy 4+ I will give a good deal.

I want 2....let me get rid of my kickers first.

I still have a fair amount, so just let me know.

There are about 20 of these left.

20 huh........" tries to imagen a 1975 lincoln truck full of these" i may pm you for a price.

Alright guys... final push to move them out.

Any qty $85 shipped each.

I have around 20 left.

So, I know nothing about these drivers.

Do they work well IB?

And where can I find un-biased info on these drivers?

Original post has a link to a review by JimJ - pretty reputable SQ guy on SSA.

Have never tested them IB - I imagine they would work fine with lower power.

Sign in to follow this