Sign in to follow this  
quadraceya

headunit/rca problem??

I have a 06 xxx re audio 12 hooked up to a visonik v900hc...suppose to do 3200 @ 1 ohm bridged...hooked up to a kenwood kvt-911 dvd.... The only sound i can get out of my sub is when i hook the rcas up to the brain under the front pre-out...Does nothing when i hook it to the rear,and surges when i hook it up to the non fade output....But when i hook it up to the sub outputs to the back of the monitor it slams the sub and sounds right but you cannot control the sound....the volume only controls the trebble....the only wway to turn the bass from hitting is to unplug the rcas....and when its hooked up to the front preout it sounds decent but only when u turn the volume up all the way,its doesnt even get loud till full like 33/35 on the volume...I dont know what the deal is....any ideas???

There is the Front Amp - White and Red....

There is the Rear Amp - White and Red....

Then a subwoofer RCA thatwould be a BLUE colored RCA terminal.

At least thats how it is for mine.

The SUBWOOFER audio output (BLUE) is active in all audio modes and must be connected to an external amp.

^--- To be honest, Im not sure what they are trying to say there but, thought something of the lines of maybe this needs to replace the RED colored RCA. (Not 100% sure.)

Still saving up money to get the setup I would like. So I would not have any personal experience when hooking up your subs to your h/u.

Hope this helps.

Curt

some head units have menu options in them on how to control the outputs. Some have a subout on/off, maybe it has some kind of variable/fixed output option as well. Have you looked through the manual?

some head units have menu options in them on how to control the outputs. Some have a subout on/off, maybe it has some kind of variable/fixed output option as well. Have you looked through the manual?

Yeah actually i noticed tonight the installation guide says to take the sub output from the back of the deck,and plug it in the brain into the " To monitor unit " plug in.

It looks as if you then connect the sub rca's to the non fade preout ? ?

Heres the manual check out pages 58-60

http://theater.stevejenkins.com/docs/Kenwo...D_2001_KUSA.pdf