Sign in to follow this  
basshead08

BTL questions

I have two questions...

1. How much power can a fully loaded BTL take daily?

2. I plan to get an ia40.1 amp and run it on a 16 volt charging system. The setup will be in a blowthrough box in a 92 GMC. I am only worried about getting extremely loud. Which of these setups would be better two fully loaded btl's or three "stock" btl's?

Brian has 4 BTL 15's and 4 IA 40.1's on each walled, and I'm not sure if its a daily setup but it's loud as hell and they can deffinately take the power...You would most definately want to stick with 2 15's fully loaded.... i used to have to 12's fully loaded in my daily truck in a cut-through running off 3500rms a piece and it handle just fine and was loud as hell...this is what it used to look like

0208081611.jpg

Right now im doing 2 new 08 15" BTL's fully loaded in the cut-through and 2 hifonics XXV Sampsons on each one... they will be getting roughly 4500@ 2ohms

if you're gonna get a btl...you're going to want it fully loaded. putting 3k watts on them would be easy enough i'd say. anything more and you're gonna want to make sure the box is perfect and everything else. it can be done...it just gets more dangerous after that.

i have 4 15's fully loaded for sale too btw ;)

Edited by Basshead

if you're gonna get a btl...you're going to want it fully loaded. putting 3k watts on them would be easy enough i'd say. anything more and you're gonna want to make sure the box is perfect and everything else. it can be done...it just gets more dangerous after that.

Actually I am looking at 2 BTL 18's fully loaded, or 2 IA Death Penalty 21's

Well in that case, I am looking at 2 BTL 18's fully loaded, or 2 IA Death Penalty 21's

Sorry about the multiple post Im experiencing some technical difficulty with my internet. Anyway what I would really like to do is 3 BTL 18's powered by the ia 40.1 on 17 volts charging running at 0.5 ohms. What do you guys think?

how much have you used them? cuz i have 2 Qs right now in the back of my f150 and im waiting for the truck i have them in to be put in my name. It was my first truck from my dad and when the title transfers the back seat is gone and 4 btls are going in. if you still have them when i go to put them in ill pm you or something

Personally I think running at .5ohm daily is way too low and dangerous... why not gettin somethin like a sundown saz3000d on each one and put them @ 1ohm? And why 3? theres really not that much of a noticeable difference from 2... Have you ever heard the 3db rule? To gain an extra 3db you either double your power or double the cone area.... which in your case you would notice a difference if you ran 4 instead of 3... 3 will be a waste of space.. if you want more than 2 and you can fit it do 4

My system is my daily driver, and my 40.1's are at .5 ohms (.35 DCR). Man I pound the crap out of my system every day and not a single problem. Sometimes I will run it for 20-30 minutes at a time at full volume.

If it was me, assuming you have room to build the correct box, I would add the extra 18 and run three. It is still 33% more cone area, and if you run dual 1 ohm drivers, series the coils on each driver, and then parallel the three drivers you would have a nice load for the 40.1 to get maximum output from it.

40.1's are getting harder to find. If I can't find (4) more next month, mine will be for sale to find something else.

Brian

Personally I think running at .5ohm daily is way too low and dangerous... why not gettin somethin like a sundown saz3000d on each one and put them @ 1ohm? And why 3? theres really not that much of a noticeable difference from 2... Have you ever heard the 3db rule? To gain an extra 3db you either double your power or double the cone area.... which in your case you would notice a difference if you ran 4 instead of 3... 3 will be a waste of space.. if you want more than 2 and you can fit it do 4

If the amp is stable at 0.5 ohm then why would it be dangerous? And also 3 BTL couldn't be over powered by that amp but two could so the third one is ind of a better safe than sorry kinda deal.

Edited by basshead08

Actually, two would not be overpowered unless you are just really careless. . . .

Brian

If installed correctly, three should be louder. If you are going to compete at all, it would be worth it. If it was mine, and the only decision was two or three subs, I would go for three. . .

If you have the electrical system (sounds like you do), I would do two 18's and use the money saved on the third sub for more power. A pair of BTL's will handle a pair of 40.1's if you know what you are doing. . .Or pick up a pair of Sundown 3000D's.

If installed correctly, three should be louder. If you are going to compete at all, it would be worth it. If it was mine, and the only decision was two or three subs, I would go for three. . .

If you have the electrical system (sounds like you do), I would do two 18's and use the money saved on the third sub for more power. A pair of BTL's will handle a pair of 40.1's if you know what you are doing. . .Or pick up a pair of Sundown 3000D's.

So which would you do? 2 or 3 BTL'S?

Sign in to follow this