zdoc

Want to be louder

Well I got used to my one bl and now I want something louder. My current setup is a memphis 1500d (1500 watts @ 2ohm) pushing one 15" fully loaded bl in 3.8cuft tuned to 32hz. Thats after all displacement. So I have another 1500d sitting in the closet that I want to use as well. I figure I can fit a 7 cuft box maybe 8 if im lucky. What do you guys think I should do, get another 15" bl or sell mine and get something else? I would like to stay with fi subs and this is for a daily setup.

A second one will make it louder.

Stick with what you like I'd say. You got the room and the power to hear a good sized difference in output I'd have to say. Double the power and double the subwoofer and seeing that you have enough room it should end up with a good output.

How is the electrical looking?? Adding a whole nother 1500rms to the system will be a lot more taxing then just the single amp.

Right now I have a yellow top and knukonceptz 0 gauge. I plan on getting a ho alternator and another yellow top. How many amps should I look for in an alternator. With my current setup I get a little voltage drop at idle playing constant bass.

200 amps will do, just add more battery's in the back and you'll be good

you said your at 2 ohms on a saz 1500d is that right... you would get more power if you were at 1 ohm... im not sure how much louder it would be.. but IMO you may like it better.... i my self am thinking the same way right now.. i was very very happy with my 15's but now i am wishing i had more... but like a wise man once told me you will never be happy in the persuit of spl

he has a memphis 1500d. max power at 2 ohms

my bad.... its dual 1..... welll....... maybe... you can try and run that saz at a half ohm..... or just run one voice coil.... watch the load of shit i get for sayin run one vc

I'm confused where you're getting that he has a sundown bigjon. haha maybe i'm just being blind or something. Or maybe just need some clarification. Is it you have two memphis 1500d's? or do you have one 1500d and a sundown 1500?

I'm confused where you're getting that he has a sundown bigjon. haha maybe i'm just being blind or something. Or maybe just need some clarification. Is it you have two memphis 1500d's? or do you have one 1500d and a sundown 1500?

u may be right... and he may have another Memphis in the closet... i just assumed it would be a sundown cause i love them!!!!!!!.... .. but your prollly right.. and im prolly a jerk off!

he has 2 memphis 1500ds.

I would look over your vehicle before deciding on adding that 2nd amp in there.

You will need minimally-

200A alt

approx 150aH worth of batts just in the rear of the vehicle.

This does not include the batt up front.

Failure to meet that will result in very short run time at recommended voltage levels unless you listen to a lot of music that rarely has bass, lol.

now, factor in the space you may have left.

Well I got used to my one bl and now I want something louder. My current setup is a memphis 1500d (1500 watts @ 2ohm) pushing one 15" fully loaded bl in 3.8cuft tuned to 32hz. Thats after all displacement. So I have another 1500d sitting in the closet that I want to use as well. I figure I can fit a 7 cuft box maybe 8 if im lucky. What do you guys think I should do, get another 15" bl or sell mine and get something else? I would like to stay with fi subs and this is for a daily setup.

I would really like to see pics of your install if you don't mind. I have the same truck and would also like to know how you are running so much power and getting no dimming even at idle?

i would hope he has the big three..... if not then buddy you need the big three.. and what gauge is your power wire,

i would hope he has the big three..... if not then buddy you need the big three.. and what gauge is your power wire,

Thats the reasone I asked. The stock power/ground is 4 gauge and the alternator is a 110amp so would using bigger wire have any gains with the stock alt? I know it would for sure with a higher amp alt.

I made a grounding kit for my truck which seemed to help. But everything i've read says to NOT connect any other grounds to the battery - because of the current sensor around the ground.

Just for clarification I have 2 memphis 1500ds lol, kind of wish they were sundowns but they work great. I have partial big three because of the current thing on the ground wire, everything else is 0 gauge. What do you want pictures of? I have a picture of my box sub and amp I can send you. There is a 225 amp alternator out for my vehicle but the guy I talked to at ohio gen today said it sounded iffy, so I have to call him back tommorow about one.

Just for clarification I have 2 memphis 1500ds lol, kind of wish they were sundowns but they work great. I have partial big three because of the current thing on the ground wire, everything else is 0 gauge. What do you want pictures of? I have a picture of my box sub and amp I can send you. There is a 225 amp alternator out for my vehicle but the guy I talked to at ohio gen today said it sounded iffy, so I have to call him back tommorow about one.

I'd just like to check it out since I have the same truck and haven't seen anything "big" in one yet. I just have a single SSD10 in a sealed box behind the center console.

Rather than worry about the extra power, double your cone area and get a pair of subs that can do more with the power (are more efficient) than the BL. A pair of SSD 15s would probably do well on the single 1500d. Get D2s and you can wire the pair to the 2 ohms that your amp will like.

On another note, I'm not liking the powersupply issues that I'm hearing about the Frontier. I'm planning on getting one when I get home and a pretty big system is in the works. There's got to be a fix for the ground issue. Are you on clubfrontier.org?

Yes I am a member on cf and also frontierboard.com, same username as here to. What about 2 15" q's off of one 1500d? Heres a pic for you two as well.

unite08013fh7.th.jpg

Rather than worry about the extra power, double your cone area and get a pair of subs that can do more with the power (are more efficient) than the BL. A pair of SSD 15s would probably do well on the single 1500d. Get D2s and you can wire the pair to the 2 ohms that your amp will like.

On another note, I'm not liking the powersupply issues that I'm hearing about the Frontier. I'm planning on getting one when I get home and a pretty big system is in the works. There's got to be a fix for the ground issue. Are you on clubfrontier.org?

Yes, I am on that forum also. I'm not sure what to do about the current sensor. If it didn't cause any problems I would just add a 0 gauge ground from the battery to chassis then to the block but I don't want to take a chance with a new truck.

Yes I am a member on cf and also frontierboard.com, same username as here to. What about 2 15" q's off of one 1500d? Heres a pic for you two as well.

unite08013fh7.th.jpg

I would think that either Qs or SSDs would do what you want with that power.

SSD's with 1 amp...not enough juice for the Q's.

What options would you suggest on the ssds with only 1500 watts? I already have a box designed with 7 cuft after all displacement tuned to 33hz with 3 4inch aero ports.