mrogowski

Dennis' Mach 5 Bitch Van Build Log

Phase 1

Gluing and screwing the plywood together. The sides and rear baffle will be 1 1/4" thick; the front baffle will be 2". Despite the fact there are screws holding the two pieces together, they get a little help from yard implements. It will be a few days before I get enough glued together to begin Phase 2.

1.jpg

OMG! He actually cleaned the garage! :blink: :blink: :blink: He....he.....he never does that! :blink::blink::blink:

R.I.P good ol' 4" of saw dust....LOL

Edited by Puggsley456

i bet he just pushed it all into the corner. I really would have to see it to believe it ;)

There is a shop vac in the corner. :)

i bet its broken.

nothing new from me, that rain is not helping me much :(

Phase 2

With the plywood sheets glued, its cutting and assembling time. What you see here is one half of the build. There will be two of these boxes that will slide into Dennis' van. The board leaning up against the box is the baffle. The box is tapered (difficult to see) - with the top is shallower than the bottom.

2.jpg

A shot of the port hole. These cabinets will be tuned to 36Hz. You can see some of Dennis' IXL's in the background.

3.jpg

Tomorrow I will work on bracing, port and baffle. I'll throw up more pictures tomorrow on the progress.

The baffle is done up along with the port. I will only add the one window brace you see here. Just waiting for the glue to dry before adding it.

4.jpg

looking good mark!

can't wait for final product pics!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Looking good. Next time you guys are working, I should come over and "supervise"!

Looking good. Next time you guys are working, I should come over and "supervise"!

^^ Mach5Audio Lead Facilitator.

Mark, I am sure the guys over at the cult of the IB would love to see this install. ;)

Hoping to have it done by this weekend.

So the second one was completed and we managed to get both of them carpeted. We threw them into Dennis' van and found things to be a bit tight unfortunately, especially at the rear. I don't have pics of them in the van yet though...

6.jpg

7.jpg

No pics of the test fit, we ended up moving them forward more, so instead of having a few feet behind my seats before the box starts. They are now directly behind my headrest.

Yes, because we have lives beyond car audio...;)

Dennis will be swinging by tomorrow and we will be mounting them in his van. From there he will be doing up the electronics.

Wired the last few of them up and gave it a bit of a test run. Disappointed with the results, My rear view mirror fell off and broke my dvd player. So didnt get to play much. Seemed to get loud though

Wired the last few of them up and gave it a bit of a test run. Disappointed with the results, My rear view mirror fell off and broke my dvd player. So didnt get to play much. Seemed to get loud though

How can you say, My mirror fell off and I broke my DVD player and say "Seemed to get loud though"?