i have two batteries and i have a fosgate 1500x1 i was wondering that if i ran just the two batteries would i be fine for a couple of months?

It'll "work" lets put it that way...but how long will that acid hold up to 1500 watts? My guess isnt long. It'll get you by...but you will kill it..

My friend ghetto rigged two Die-Hard batteries near his amp with a die hard up front...sounded good for about 3 days....and the batteries died...

Just sell the Interstate and buy another Optima G31 if you can. Or if your budget is good, go for a Powermaster D3100....I've heard nothing but good from them.:)

Edited by WildSebring

Deep cycles have acid too...

i wouldn't have the interstate in the back if i were you. the fumes from it can harm you... put it up front and put the yellow top in the back.

I believe that what happens w/o an isolator is that the two batteries basically fight each other, basically current goes back and forth between the two trying to even out, and it cannot, even if the two batteries were the same exact model. As this happens gradually current is lost due to heat, resistance, w/e and the batteries die. As long as the car doesn't sit for more then a day you will probably be ok but i would add an isolator asap because batteries are more expensive then a basic isolator and pretty soon you will be buying both if you let it run like this for too long