Sign in to follow this  
Mark LaFountain

Switching Shop Software

switching over to a different shopping cart software. This means an entirely new look, waaay better functionality and faster load times. Here's what we're working on. Gonna go live by tonight.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/

We'll be adding products over the next few weeks.

Also, there's a coupon system with this software, we'll post the coupon code for the sundown amps, so you'll be able to buy them at discounted rates once your ready with out emailing us anymore. With less emails to answer, we'll have much more time to devote to SSA. Thanks again for all your support.

This was a long time in coming, the old software was very cumbersome and expensive to update and modify.

thanks guys, I have an all nighter tied up into getting that cart up and rolling. My favorite part is the coupon codes. Now you can simply put in a coupon for sundown and get your discounted price. Saves us hundred of emails, and hundreds of hours that goes into that. :woot:

I think the functionality will be the biggest part!

you guys are doing a great job!

I was acutaly freaked out a little bit because I couldn't find the forum link on the main page and the log in was to the cart not the forum.

I was nervous, what would I do at work without SSA, work?

=P

Edited by dem beats

ok, thanks for the info, got the forum link up along with some others. Gotta get to bed soon then work on the blazer for most of tomorrow, so i'll do more updates in a few days.

Looks like you've been Zenned...

I agree, Zen has sure come a long way since the last time I looked at it. So much so, that I too switched to it...

I agree, Zen has sure come a long way since the last time I looked at it. So much so, that I too switched to it...

has all of the customer database data been flipped into the new stuff? just tried logging in and it is telling me nothing can be found, not even my email when i tried to retrieve a lost password to see if i missed something...

has all of the customer database data been flipped into the new stuff? just tried logging in and it is telling me nothing can be found, not even my email when i tried to retrieve a lost password to see if i missed something...

I am working on finding out how to import them. :)

:slayer:

Edited by kandiman

:slayer:

Found the mod for adding customers in. :)

Looks like it will take a while for us to get everyone back in. :(

I like the zen............much better flow, and looks more professional, and established.

Kudos mark and aaron.

J

in all honesty, rather than taking all that time to get everyone back in, it would be alot easier on the 2 of you to just have people reregister that way your time could be spent more effectively on getting things where you want them with the new layout and opperations rather than have things lagging behind due to an inferior database transfer procedure.

the people that are truely dedicated to SSA that will buy from the store on a regular basis wont bitch about havign to spend 30 seconds to fill all thier information back in.

my 2 cents anyway

People are pretty lazy, you would be surprised. But it's no big deal, I can crank it out.

Its really not that difficult to import your "SQL" content in. Just check the Zen site to see if there is a script made up for your old software. If not, it's not difficult to make one yourself...