Sign in to follow this  
subwoofery

Home Alarm

Hello,

Being a cautious guy, I would like to buy a home alarm for my appartment.

Which brand would you recommend?

What features should I be looking at?

Thanks a lot for your help guyz,

Kelvin

we have ADT\Brinks Home security.

Basically, we have sensors on the doors and windows so if the sensor separates(door\window is open), it will trigger the alarm.

We also have 2 motion sensors that are very sensitive.

If you have any pets in the house, remember this line and i'll get back to it.

Our alarm has a stay or away mode. If set to away, all sensors are active.

If set to stay, the motion sensors are disabled so if you have pets, this is what you would want to set it to.

When setting the alarm, you have 30 seconds to get out before it's fully active.

Once active, if you open the door, you have 30 seconds before the actual alarm goes off.

You cannot stay in the house when the actual alarm is going off. It's so loud... it's... trust me, no way.

Anyway, if you do not disable the alarm before the real alarm goes off, the police are dispatched immediately.

Also, you will receive a phone call requesting that you tell them a secret password that is different than the alarm itself. If you do not know it, feel sorry for you.

There are other sensors tied into it to.

You can get sensor so if the smoke detector goes off or if a carbon monoxide detector goes off, the fire department is immediately dispatched.

I speak from experience... false alarms though, cleanin out the furnace, hehe.

don't know how much it costs but there you go.

Hello,

sorry not for responding earlier but I was away.

Went to the website and I can see that you represent great companies.

I apologize for not bringing it up earlier but I live overseas. So I was mostly looking for a DIY kind of installation.

Monitoring is not necessary for me.

Unless you can just provide the equipment and instruction manual on how to install and operate. I am interested.

Please e-mail me with details if that is the case... also pricing.

Thank you for your quick response.

Kelvin

I would recomend dogs as the #1 best way.

After that, motion sensors atached to alarms maybe. Without monitoring you want the loudest most horrible gut wrenching high pitch super horn alarm made.

a .38 special snub nose loaded with nylon tipped bullets in a bedside locked case

Worthles if it's locked away.

Also that's home protection not security. If that's something you want also though, try a shot gun with birdshot. NOTHING is scarier than a shotgun slide, and with bird in it, you won't even go through walls.

Using dogs is a good idea but I live in an appartment and don't want to have a dog living inside.

But when I'll get a house, sure thing, I'll get one.

Do you have specific brands that I should look at?

Brand... hrm

Brand of dog, or shotgun?

Here is a start for the whole monitoring your place.

http://www.smarthome.com/_/Security/_/H/land.aspx

Security for an APT is pretty hard but a simple set of door and window alarms may be enough, are you ground level or 40 stories up? You can be pretty creative. I want to have most of my perimiter covered when I move into a house, but more for the sake of having it than anything else.