Sign in to follow this  
datsnowboy

Fitting speakers front doors

I have a set of alpine type R compenent speakers and the mounting depth is 2 5/18 and my cars stock speaker location is 2 5/20. How would I be able fit them if possible. Would a kick pod work? I need help asap.

Is that depth including any mounting rings? Speakers really should be mounted on a solid baffle made out of MDF or similar material, never directly to the metal...

Is that depth including any mounting rings? Speakers really should be mounted on a solid baffle made out of MDF or similar material, never directly to the metal...

yea you can make make a ring out of 1/2 inch mdf...any size really as long as it fits your application

I think it was mounting strait to the metal. I went by a shop and they told me their would be no way but they seemed pretty retarded. I also asked them about sound deadening my front doors and they told me it was pointless to do that haha.

Never go back to that shop, retards.

I think it was mounting strait to the metal. I went by a shop and they told me their would be no way but they seemed pretty retarded. I also asked them about sound deadening my front doors and they told me it was pointless to do that haha.

Proof they do not know shit

haha, yeah, um....... Don't go there. I'm really surprised they told you that, since retail stores like that usually make a good chunk of their profits on accessories like sound deadening. Why would they tell you not to. weird.

anyways, yeah see if you can make some baffles. Make sure your door panel will allow it, as you don't want to build the baffles with too thick of wood and have the speaker hit the plastic panel. All you really need is a jig saw and an hour and you can have some baffles that will make them fit.

Yea I will probably just take some time on a day off to fit them. I talked with the ppl at the shop for like 10mins on different ways to put them in and they said none would work and I would have to buy coaxial speakers. Then I had some sound deadening on my seat and asked him if they could put that in while I was there. So thats when he talked about how it was pointless and cost alot of money to do and doesnt do anything so I laughed, said ok and walked out.