Sign in to follow this  
MP3

sub under 1000 watts

Fi Q

Mach 5 ixl

Although your question is rather empty and is honestly not going to get you want you want.

Instead you should ask:

I have 1000 watts at "x" ohm load, what sub would you recommend that will be loud and boomy. My budget is "y" dollars and I have "z" ft^3 of space to put the box. It will be (ported/sealed/ib/4th order etc), and my goals are as efficient as possible to get as loud as possible with the available power. I (do/don't) care how musical the sub is as long as it is loud.

I dont have an amp. I can spend up to $300 on it. my budget on the sub(s) is $300. I can make up to a 6^3 ft box. It would be ported. Id like to get the most efficient sub for the power without running a 2nd battery or a h.o. alt. I dont care how musical the sub is.

Audioque HDC315 Dual 2 ohm Copper coil.

Audioque AQ1200D 1,470w @1ohm.

Under $600 shipped.

Put that 15 in 4.5-6 cubes ported for better efficiency.

It will destroy your car.

what size alt u have or what vehicle u drive so i can find out

80 amp. Id like to stay away from getting a new alt because I won't have this car much longer.

hehe, if u wont have the car much longer, then get what i posted and wire the sub in series until you get a new ride.

Or if u go crazy, wire it to 1 ohm.

IT's best to buy something that you will keep for a long time rather than just somethin to get u by then have to buy somethin else just because you changed vehicles.

What would you say I would need to do to this car to be able to power that sub. If I got the mach 5 sub would I need to upgrade anything?

i suggest you purchase a setup that you would use in your next ride and install what will fit in your current ride.

You will know if it's too much current draw in the car.

Do a quick test at night-

Start turnin the volume up while you are sitting there at idle.

Once you start dimming, remember that level.

Now start driving on a straight road for a while keeping ur rpms at least 2k the entire time.

turn it to that volume that u maxed at idle then start turning it up again until you start dimming again.

Now you know how much power you can pull at idle and while driving. Do not exceed those volume levels.

If you do, don't do it all the time for 10-20 minutes at a time.

IF you are super paranoid, every time u get out of the car, check the voltage on the batt. IF it's above 12.4, you're fine. If not, drive it around without bumpin for a while and recheck.

If u can't never get it above 12.4, u might wanna buy that new car sooner, hehe

Im not sure if it helps but I just installed a new yellow top battery. Would getting my alternator respun at a shop for more amps work? I normally never sit there and listen to music at idle and I normally always turn it down at stop lights for attention reasons. Would there be an amp youd suggest for the Mach 5 sub?

Try to look into Soundsplinter, Mach 5 Audio, Ascendant Audio, FI Car Audio - they all have 18" subs.

Incriminator Audio has 18" and 21".

Hope that helps,

Kelvin