jonbearsmt

1975 lincoln continental BIG BOY

i have had this car for a while, i just replaced the motor, and now i would like to put some audio in it, and who knows what i will use or where i will lean.

currently, i have the OEM 8 track that works!, the stock speakers in the rear, i think 6x9, the front were changed before i bought the car, thay are 6 1/2 duals " the ones that light up when thay hit' stated by the sell.

i plan on keeping the 8 track in the dash, im gonna mouth a new player under the dash.

i WOULD LOVE TO KEEP THE DUALS

im playin son

goals, i wanna beat, but not to much.. in 75 tha cars were made of steal so i dont wanna rattle to much.. and honestly its just gonna be another cruser, so perhaps 3 12's or 1 15' or 1'18

i dont really wanna spend a knot on it, i know im gonna need a h/o alt.

I say wait for the new sundowns and get one of their 18" and a saz 3000d.

Maybe something that sounds good?

Maybe something that sounds good?

jim... you wanna add a little more.. or just leave it at that?

You know what would sound really good, and get pretty loud is 3 12" q's off a 3000d. With 2 yellow tops that would be amazing

well its falkin super hard to find an h/o alt for this car.. and the factory alt is 65 amps :(

My suggestion, although you may not like it, Is build an efficient system. Power would be provided by a 1000d and a 100x4.

Polk Db series components up front and a Fi Q 15 would be my suggestion for drivers. Or if you wanted to go active, the mach 5 mids with your choice of tweet.

My suggestion, although you may not like it, Is build an efficient system. Power would be provided by a 1000d and a 100x4.

Polk Db series components up front and a Fi Q 15 would be my suggestion for drivers. Or if you wanted to go active, the mach 5 mids with your choice of tweet.

that sounds nice, its a pretty large truck, so what kinda box do you think would be best, i like alotta bump, deep long bass songs

that sounds nice, its a pretty large truck, so what kinda box do you think would be best, i like alotta bump, deep long bass songs

I don't remember the rec' specs from fi but 6 cu feet ported to 32 hz should be loud and efficient (96 sq inches of port)

I don't remember the rec' specs from fi but 6 cu feet ported to 32 hz should be loud and efficient (96 sq inches of port)

The Q only needs a 4 cu feet box. :neil:

well its falkin super hard to find an h/o alt for this car.. and the factory alt is 65 amps :(

Whats size egine do you have in it? Im not sure if they are interchangeable but i had the same problem with my f150. It has the 302 with a 60 amp stock alt. I was able to get a 130 amp mustang 5.0 alt and it dropped right in place. Granted it might not be a H.O. alt, but it is 70 amps more than what my truck orginally came with. There was a little difference in the wiring, but took it to the alt shop and had them do it. Also if it is the same kind of alternator, i know powermaster has a 200 amp alt that is good for any Ford vehicle built between 70 and 95 i believe. Try calling them up to find out if it will work.

The Q only needs a 4 cu feet box. :neil:

4 cu. feet ported to 32 hz should be the titz too.

Whats size egine do you have in it? Im not sure if they are interchangeable but i had the same problem with my f150. It has the 302 with a 60 amp stock alt. I was able to get a 130 amp mustang 5.0 alt and it dropped right in place. Granted it might not be a H.O. alt, but it is 70 amps more than what my truck orginally came with. There was a little difference in the wiring, but took it to the alt shop and had them do it. Also if it is the same kind of alternator, i know powermaster has a 200 amp alt that is good for any Ford vehicle built between 70 and 95 i believe. Try calling them up to find out if it will work.

the motor is a 70-81 460 big block

or the new 18 icon

There is no such thing. ;)

the motor is a 70-81 460 big block

Damn, go big or go home. lol.

Does your alternator have the same bolt pattern as this:

IMG_0768-2.jpg

or the new 18 icon

There is no such thing. ;)

Isn't to come out in about a year or so. Or maybe that was the new ssa sub idk.