Sign in to follow this  
Gritter

what would it compare to

So i have 2 12'' kicker l5's in the kicker made ported box ran off a kicker 1200.1. I've never heard any fi subs before, what subs do l5's compare to kinda on the fi line. Or is the l5 below even the ssd and l7's are the one on par with fi?

So i have 2 12'' kicker l5's in the kicker made ported box ran off a kicker 1200.1. I've never heard any fi subs before, what subs do l5's compare to kinda on the fi line. Or is the l5 below even the ssd and l7's are the one on par with fi?

Its all in the install. 90% install. Because your kicker l5's are still in a prefab box, you haven't even truly heard all of their potential. Are your goals more sound quality or loudness related?

I don't think the L5 would compare to any Fi sub because it sounds like poo. Unless they changed them a lot from the L5's and L7's I heard a couple years ago.

i had a friend with 2 15's l5's ran on a memphis 1500 watt, in a lincoln towncar, tuned at 35 hz,

i have 2 fi bls tuned at 33 hrz on a saz 3000d im louder anyday and everyway

i have another friend with 4 memphis 15's on a memphis 1500 watt.... same thing

pending a 15'' BL being powered by the kx1200.1 and in a proper enclosure same lvl skill install do you think the 2 l5's would be louder to the ear or the BL

You just compared twice the wattage. Duh it's going to be louder.

really.... i mean really cause thats not what is preached here.. thats very funny.

pending a 15'' BL being powered by the kx1200.1 and in a proper enclosure same lvl skill install do you think the 2 l5's would be louder to the ear or the BL

I think that with the right install, one 15" BL would walk on your pre-fabbed box l5's anyday.

that kicker prefab box must really be holden it back huh! So if it would walk on it with the prefab safe to say it'd still make the edge on it with a nice home made box for the l5's

I'd say that the l5's have cone area advantage, but yea the Bl should be louder. I would really grab a 15" Q though with the power that you have. It is more efficient and has more x-max.

i was thinken a q. but in the thread hitten the lows all the mods said for rap/hip hop the BL is better. If your listening to true low music jazz n all that then the Q. But for down south rap music what i gathered from my research was go with the BL

I got the chance to listen to the Q vs the CVX while the CVX was louder the Q sounded more natural. Also I had 2 12 CVR before. I would pick the Q over any kicker sub in my daily ride.

i was thinken a q. but in the thread hitten the lows all the mods said for rap/hip hop the BL is better. If your listening to true low music jazz n all that then the Q. But for down south rap music what i gathered from my research was go with the BL

Well, think of it like this, which of the 2 has a better effeciency. You can get allot from that. I would also say that if you are just looking for loud from Fi, and have the room in your pocket book and car, get the BTL.

Sign in to follow this