Sign in to follow this  
brach01

Breaking In and Securing

Hey guys, first post! Haha. Well, I recently just received my 15" BTL in the mail. I was looking and it and noticed that there were no screw holes for mounting the sub to your box. So how do you mount it?

Another question I had was, is there a special way that I should be breakin in the sub? I didn't know if there was a good way to do it.

Thanks guys and appreciate all the feedback.

Where the holes are on the gasket, just take something with a point on it and poke holes threw it.

Its just there not "pre poked"

And for breaking the sub in, just play it normal. Nothing special to do here really.

Where the holes are on the gasket, just take something with a point on it and poke holes threw it.

Its just there not "pre poked"

And for breaking the sub in, just play it normal. Nothing special to do here really.

I have an amp that does about 1500-2000 rms so should i be pushin all that right when I install it or like half power?

Take a 50 hz tone, and play it at like half volume for a few hours. Than go to music.

I searched and found this post when i wanted to know the same thing for my 18 Bl. Read big jons post (5th one i think)

I only suggest a couple hours of moderate playing to get the glue warm, it would minimize the burning glue smell. It would also get the coil up to temperature safely.

Sign in to follow this