Duran

SPL Box for 2 12" Fi BL's

3.6-5 Cubic foot(if space allows) ported box tuned to 32 HZ in a 1999 Dodge Stratus. IDEAS??? i want ground shaking bass, really deep, low, and loud!

Ideas on what? You just described your box.

I don't think that you know what low is however :(

Designs, feedback, people who have similar vehicles and how they like it, how they did it, any input whatsoever. And 32 HZ is low considering the spectrum the human ear is capable of hearing.

I can build an enclosure to maximize the woofer or woofers...

what kind of woofer/woofers and how much power do you plan on using?

I can build an enclosure to maximize the woofer or woofers...

what kind of woofer/woofers and how much power do you plan on using?

2 12" Fi BL's powered by a Crossfire XP2400.1, it will give 1200 watts RMS to each.

Designs, feedback, people who have similar vehicles and how they like it, how they did it, any input whatsoever. And 32 HZ is low considering the spectrum the human ear is capable of hearing.

so spl means sound pressure level. do you want that or ear shaking bass. and if you tune to 32 in that car youll be more likely peaking 40-50 hz.

so spl means sound pressure level. do you want that or ear shaking bass. and if you tune to 32 in that car youll be more likely peaking 40-50 hz.

You know, its really hard to decide, i guess i want it about half and half. You are right about it peaking at 40-50 HZ, that is what it peaks at now, and i really like it.

SPL oriented would be more in the 40 ~ 50 hz range... tuned low would be in the 25 ~ 30 hz range...

In the middle would be 32 - 34hz range... Fi recommends the 32 - 34 hz range and i have to agree it's a nice trade off ... It will get low and put up some solid numbers should you decide to meter it in a local comp..

SPL oriented would be more in the 40 ~ 50 hz range... tuned low would be in the 25 ~ 30 hz range...

In the middle would be 32 - 34hz range... Fi recommends the 32 - 34 hz range and i have to agree it's a nice trade off ... It will get low and put up some solid numbers should you decide to meter it in a local comp..

I think i will change that to 35 HZ, that wouldn't hurt anything, and be right in the middle. yeah, i will compete, i did with my current system in May and did a 136.9 Term-Lab with 2 12" Kicker CVR's with only 500 watts. I also won Bass Race that day and $500 with a 129.7dB :woot:

I think i will change that to 35 HZ, that wouldn't hurt anything, and be right in the middle. yeah, i will compete, i did with my current system in May and did a 136.9 Term-Lab with 2 12" Kicker CVR's with only 500 watts. I also won Bass Race that day and $500 with a 129.7dB :woot:

I want to go to a show where they give away $500 to a 129.7! fing05.gif

I want to go to a show where they give away $500 to a 129.7! fing05.gif

It was in Bass Race, not dB drag. the winner of dB drag only got $250 and he hit a 148.? with 2 15" Kicker CVX's. bass race actually takes skill to win, it was my first comp, so i think i got lucky. :jump:

I hit 144db @ 40hz on a TL at the last comp and got nothing...

Well it is very rare to find people with 140+ sound systems around here, that is why Im goin' with Fi and, if you want, one of your boxes. I am guestemating a 147.?-150.? when Im all finished, that will be plenty loud for me.

No replies? Is anyone willing to put in their two cents?

Bump!

If you want an enclosure built contact me direct we can get you in line....I'm shure

we can come up with something that will move air into that mic

150 is really optimistic. Low to mid 40s is more likely