Hello all, well as I stated in my opening post I competed years ago in SPL and as I am building a new setup running four identical amps for my subs, I was curious what else there is to link them for good synchronization? Please do not debate with me or anyone about syncing either my post is only for the purposes of finding out what people are running to link there amps whether it be custom or store bought, I have used both. I have seen people using the maxx link from hifonics but I can't seem to find them as they must be discontinued??? Thanks for all your answers and if you would like to debate this please start another post :)

I assume by link you mean strapping?

Either way, if you want to do it buy amps that are strappable although I will add that you should really just buy an amp that will do what you need instead of using a pair of them.

Not daisy chaining, or strapping. If your radio has one set of non-fading rca for sub how can you split them to four identical amps and get perfect timing to all 4?

Using a Y splitter and equal length runs of cable, although you don't need "perfect" timing for sub outputs. If you split it too many times you would need more voltage on your outputs or a line driver which IMO is the only reason to ever use a line driver.

Your question is vague though and the answer may lead you down a very wrong path. What exactly are you trying to do?

Well what you said is right, normally you would just y-split it, but I have done that in the past and I have found that there is signal degridation when splitting. Maybe I'm being just a slightly over reactive on the matter but I have had issue's in the past with y-splitting. My headunit has 4-volt preout for sub so signal matching to the amps will probably be no problem I just know that guy's out there using the "Maxxlink" from hifonics gained upwords of 1 db from using it! I know it sounds impossible but after reading all the threads about it every person who owned one got gains from it. I don't know if anyone remembers Alma gates bronco when it was all ppi they used the ppi "Phase matching" devices to make sure all the subs were moving in sync. Well thats the story with the maxxlink and thats what im looking for is the maxxlink or something like it :)

amplink_dia.gif

Thanks, Pm sent.

Found out we can buy them directly! E-mail this guy: mikes@maxxsonics.com