Sign in to follow this  
streetbeater07

MMATS DHCx 2200.1 Amp malfunctioning please help!

Ok, I have a MMATS DHCx 2200.1 hooked up to 4 single voicecoil kicker comp c12's 8 ohm each for a final load of 2 ohms. The amp is a mono channel. The problem is, sometimes when I get in the car and turn the radio on the amplifier goes strait into protect. You can still hear it playing at a very low wolume ie. 2 or 3 bars on the radio but if you turn it up any louder the sound fades away and sometimes I can turn it on and it plays fine. It usually doesn't do it unless the car has been sitting for a while. When it does this, the only way I've found to get it back playing correctly is to unhook the load from the amp turn the power off and turn it back on and reconnect the load back to the amplifier. It never does it while its playing though. Sorry for the lengthy post just trying to explain the problem so maybe someone can help. what could be the problem? thanks

sounds like the final loud isn' 2 ohms to me...

They are single 8 ohm woofers x 4 all paralleled then ran to the amp. Unless one of the speakers is shorting internally? possibly? I think they are rated @ 150 rms each 300 max and the amp puts out 1400 @ 13.8 volts @ 2 ohm. I hope its not a problem with my amp.

Edited by 07merc

They are single 8 ohm woofers x 4 all paralleled then ran to the amp. Unless one of the speakers is shorting internally? possibly? I think they are rated @ 150 rms each 300 max and the amp puts out 1400 @ 13.8 volts @ 2 ohm. I hope its not a problem with my amp.

bump?!?!

have you pulles all the subs out of the boxes and checked for touching wires, or pinched wire? anything like that? have you tryed another amp... to if its your amp.

i cant find any specs on that amp... i used mmats audio years and years ago when i lived in fla.

thay were allways stable at 1 ohm if not less,

have you pulles all the subs out of the boxes and checked for touching wires, or pinched wire? anything like that? have you tryed another amp... to if its your amp.

i cant find any specs on that amp... i used mmats audio years and years ago when i lived in fla.

thay were allways stable at 1 ohm if not less,

Depends on the amp. They made the same amp in 3 versions- a 50HC which was .66 ohm stable, 100HC that was 1 ohm stable, and 200HC which was 2 ohm stable.

Also to the OP, it's not necessary to bump every 10 minutes. I hadn't been on this forum for the last 4 hours but there was still less than one page of threads with new posts to read.

So you're powering four 150 watt subs with a 1400 watt amp. I'd check the subs for blown voice coils. Try hooking up one sub at a time and see if the amp still goes into protect. If it does and you know the sub is good, it must be the amp. Make sure all your wiring is secure and there are no strays touching something they shouldn't. If they are good then it's probably the amp. Got a warranty?

i assumed that he had checked his load with a dmm,

what fourm did you come from 07?

i have checked all wiring several times and there were no stray wires touching anywhere. it did it again this morning when i got off work at 6:00am. i didnt unhook it this time i just turned the radio off. But when i woke up this afternoon and turned the radio on it played fine. i only have this problem when it gets cool outside but when it warms back up it plays fine?

:puzzled:

it sound to me at this point like it could be a crack in the bored or a cold soider joint,

i think that because you say when its cold it wont work,.... and then when its warm it works... as to say somthing is expanding and contracting

maybe a look inside will tell you. That is, if you don't have a warranty. Most of the time opening the case voids it.

I've already opened the amp up and didnt see anything wrong. I touched all the internals with my finger and gave them a light wiggle to make sure nothing was loose. all seemed to be tight. I just dont understand it. i checked all the speakers with the dmm and the final load measured between 2.1-2.4 ohms?

Have you checked voltage at the connector of the amp while it's playing?

get with chris at DB-r in texas.. im sure he can fix it.