Sign in to follow this  
afboy143

Building a SI comp truck, need some ?'s answered

Well its official. For X-mas I am asking mommy and daddy to buy me another Hifonics 1500 amp and SI D2 15. I already have 1 of each right now but want to upgrade.

I plan on giving each sub 4 cu/ft and port each to say 34 hertz? (Wanna score high in comps as well as keep it clean for a daily driver)

The whole trunk is going to be a box, the subs will fire towards the rear with the 3 amps (2 sub amps and hifonics 2 chan) mounted ontop the box in a "suspended" setup. (Pole holding up a slab of plexi glass and the amps mounted on the glass). The whole box will be covered in gray viynl to match the gray carpet

Across the front by the amps I will have a peice of plexi glass and a blue neon behind it will light up the SI logo.

My questions are:

How well are the 15's going to sound at 34hz in 4cu/ft? I have em in a 4cu/ft box rite now at 28 hertz but I want it deeper/louder yet still sounding clean.

When are the new SI 15" subs coming out? Before XMAS? Also the sub I have now is logoless, do you have any logoless subs I can buy that will match my other sub since I am showing this off?

The Brutus wouldnt be my 1stchoice for an amp, but you already have one......I found it muddy and dirty (and lets not start a "richard Clark says.......as I am not interested).

I would 2 different boxes. I for comps, 1 for daildy driving. Tune higher for comps, lower for streetbass and daily.

What car is it? Whats the fs of the car, any idea?

The Brutus wouldnt be my 1stchoice for an amp, but you already have one......I found it muddy and dirty (and lets not start a "richard Clark says.......as I am not interested).

I would 2 different boxes. I for comps, 1 for daildy driving. Tune higher for comps, lower for streetbass and daily.

I have a 1999 ford explorer. I have no idea what the fs of the car is

I wish I could build 2 diff boxes but this box is also going to be a show box so its going to be pretty permanent in there and bolted down to the frame for antitheft reasons

I think the resonat frequency is 53 maybe???

Resonant frequency of the explorer is around 51...but you should play with it between 48-53....results may vary of course...

Tune your box a couple hz below the resonant frequency and DOO IT...

PS...if you only want one box....you'll need an adjustable port....OR you can use aeroports and just cap them for daily...get crazy nice transients :) ....but with a 34hz tune for the comps....you won't get past the 1st round in the lanes....

Resonant frequency of the explorer is around 51...but you should play with it between 48-53....results may vary of course...

PS...if you only want one box....you'll need an adjustable port....OR you can use aeroports and just cap them for daily...get crazy nice transients :) ....but with a 34hz tune for the comps....you won't get past the 1st round in the lanes....

so i should tune my box around say 51 hz to get the max and i might just use some aeroports for when I need it in daily driving, most of the comps around here are street comps at local bass shows. Nothing big. Alotta people around here have RE, eD, audiobahn, rockford, JL and I wanna show em whats up wit the SI subs

when do the next batch of D2's come out for people to order

He seems more concerned about the SPL side rather than good sound. While I personally don't think the Hifonics sounds any different than any other amps I've used, I do tend to notice a difference in sound from one amp to the next. Not all though. I personally feel the components used in the amplifier itself will give it a certain "sound" over another amp of equal ratings and different components.

so i should tune my box around say 51 hz to get the max and i might just use some aeroports for when I need it in daily driving, most of the comps around here are street comps at local bass shows. Nothing big. Alotta people around here have RE, eD, audiobahn, rockford, JL and I wanna show em whats up wit the SI subs

if i remember correctly, tune around 44-46 Hz, play about 53Hz when you burp. a slot port will do good, and it still gets nasty low, super loud, and sounds really good for daily use. you can find a way to seal it off, but thats just no fun.

but then again, i have very limited knowledge about competing with an explorer ;)

if i remember correctly, tune around 44-46 Hz, play about 53Hz when you burp. a slot port will do good, and it still gets nasty low, super loud, and sounds really good for daily use. you can find a way to seal it off, but thats just no fun.

but then again, i have very limited knowledge about competing with an explorer ;)

lol didnt you have a red explorer with 4 subs in the back or was that someome else

so a mag in 4 cubs tuned to 42 hertz wud b good for daily?

lol didnt you have a red explorer with 4 subs in the back or was that someome else

so a mag in 4 cubs tuned to 42 hertz wud b good for daily?

Yes, that was Hollis....

And yes, do as Hollis said..try tuning anywhere from 44-48hz and play 49-53 or so...not all explorers are exactly the same....

42hz is really too high for daily..unless you don't care much about the integrity of your bass...Hollis couldn't give a chit ;)

i could give a chit, but making the steering column vibrate at 20Hz was just too much fun :)

i miss that set up :( . oh yeah, i almost forgot, it is very crucial that you write "your mom" on the box, you can also write "no dub sev" if you want. those are good for several added Db's, at least they worked on my box :)

oh yeah, i almost forgot, it is very crucial that you write "your mom" on the box, you can also write "no dub sev" if you want.  those are good for several added Db's, at least they worked on my box :)

Haha, heck yeah those are good things to do for a couple dB's. After we did that you gained a solid 1.3795 dB's at ... pretty much any frequency. :) OK, maybe not that exact number, but you did hit the 156 after we did that. :D