Mark LaFountain

putting up the projector today

just bought this projector at the advice of the great Johnecon2001.

bestofces2008_projector_blo.jpg

attempting to install it now. Also picked up a Onkyo 7.1 with HDMI switching. I'll post up picks later today when it's working.

Mark was on a budget. But we got pretty great gear that fits his needs.

Unfortunately he's still a HTIB guy. Maybe we can build a sub though.

well here's my first attempt at a projector install. I am still going to do something with the mounts to the screen, they look horrid, and upgrade the reciever today, but other then that i'm pleased with the outcome so far.

The dogs slept through most of it.

projectorbuild%20001.JPG

hanging the screen.

projectorbuild%20003.JPG

projectorbuild%20004.JPG

projectorbuild%20005.JPG

The center junction box was a ceiling fan we took out and used for a power source.

projectorbuild%20007.JPG

projectorbuild%20008.JPG

Put an in wall circuit protector in for the power source. gotta do some touch up paint here.

projectorbuild%20009.JPG

new speakers are soon to come i'm sure..but for now its just a boston acoustics sub/sat system.

projectorbuild%20010.JPG

<< = Jealous.

Great Job Mark, that projector install is exactly what I was talking about! woot

We need to build an ICON sub now.

Sweet. I just moved and left my projector with the house. Looking to get the Epson Home Cinema 1080p UB. Man what a projector for under $3000.

Brian

Sweet. I just moved and left my projector with the house. Looking to get the Epson Home Cinema 1080p UB. Man what a projector for under $3000.

Brian

Damn, someone's got some moneys, lol

Looking good! What size screen ?

120" Diagonal

Looks nice man...........how's the off center viewing though?

Brian

can get an optoma 1080P projector WITH SCREEN from Costco for about $1000!!

I gotta say though... after owning an HD projector....there's nothing else like it... We have an HD 50" Sony in my house also....there's just no comparison... So many advantages of the projector, and it looks incredible in a blacked out room... skydiving videos, skiing in mountain made for HD videos, certain aspects of movies, split screen....just don't get the same effects on a regular TV

Edited by snb778

<< = Jealous.

me too...............

how much did that chits run you, that is, if you dont mind me asking..

looks f'n sweet

:rockwoot:

Brian

can get an optoma 1080P projector WITH SCREEN from Costco for about $1000!!

I gotta say though... after owning an HD projector....there's nothing else like it... We have an HD 50" Sony in my house also....there's just no comparison... So many advantages of the projector, and it looks incredible in a blacked out room... skydiving videos, skiing in mountain made for HD videos, certain aspects of movies, split screen....just don't get the same effects on a regular TV

A agree, loving it so far.

<< = Jealous.

me too...............

how much did that chits run you, that is, if you dont mind me asking..

looks f'n sweet

:rockwoot:

Paid about $1150 for projector, screen, cables

:woot: now we gotta get you to throw away that crap around it your woman thinks are speakers

Is it true that if you buy a projector for a daily use, then be prepared to buy a bunch of replacement bulbs? I was || <--- that close to buying a projector when someone told me that I will be going through at least $200 in bulbs a month because of daily use. Is this true?

Is it true that if you buy a projector for a daily use, then be prepared to buy a bunch of replacement bulbs? I was || <--- that close to buying a projector when someone told me that I will be going through at least $200 in bulbs a month because of daily use. Is this true?

$200 a month?!?!? Jesus, slap the person that told you that. Lamps last a minimum of 8 months depending on use and type of projector. Most are rated at 2000+ hours.

$200 a month?!?!? Jesus, slap the person that told you that. Lamps last a minimum of 8 months depending on use and type of projector. Most are rated at 2000+ hours.

Haha. I should. But this is what I was thinking. I'm using a TV screen (projector) to be used as my computer screen, for the ps3, and satelite. So basically an all in one. It will be turned on and off each day. Is that kind of use extremely hard on the bulb?

I am liking the reviews of that Optoma HD65 Projector. I think that for 1000 dollars I can buy into a 92 inch screen without 1080p.

Is there anything else that I should be considering? I'm very open.

My last projector was a Dell, bulb lasted me 2yrs, and I used it every single day!

finally got around to getting some pics, some are blury still. night shots are tough for my 12.1 megapixel sony aparently..

gallery_1_5_206908.jpg

gallery_1_5_60386.jpg

have you had prior experience with dlp? personally, from many lcd's (panel and projection) plasma's and lcos's my dlp's have been my favorite televisions to date. great choice for the price.

im jelous also..haha..but anyways nice man..looks very good...also like the install..it looks nice and pro

well it was fun while it lasted. The bulb blew(actually exploded) today with only 594hrs of use on it. It was supposed to last up too 2000hrs. It was even mounted next to the AC vent which I thought would help it. Anyways, new bulb is $300, so it will be "out of order" for a while now.

wtf, shouldn't that be covered under the 1 year warranty??? i've had every lcd, lcos or dlp lamp that burned out within a year replaced under the manufacturers warranty. is that outlet in the ceiling filtered and protected? a surge, spike or brownout could have caused an early "blow up."