wong05tsx

Two 10" Icons (Pix)

Thursday night before work... bored... picture time!

Today I finished the sub box, replaced my two 4ga runs with a 0ga run, and built the amp rack (just need to get the amps out the car so I can drill the appropriate holes for the connectors)

1.8cu ft w/ 1lb polyfill (test)

Two - 10" icon Dual 1's

Sundown SAZ-1500D

Front

Hertz HSK165 with rainbow cal25 tweeters (one of my hertz tweets blew)

Hertz HCX165

Sundown SAX 100.4

All kicker hyperflex wiring

Optima Yellow top

Big 2 of 3

Dynamat/Raamat/SS all doors, trunk lid, trunk floor

P1010851.jpg

P1010852.jpg

(Middle pieces just extra bracing, i did take those pieces into account for air space yes)

P1010853.jpg

P1010856.jpg

andd the car

2nujgv6.jpg

301gf44.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

looking good wong

Outstanding car and system. Any pictures of the subs and amps installed?

what rims are those on the car and is the car that low stock? everything looks nice.

I should have everything in tomorrow :)

Finished the amp rack yesterday.

It's not gonna be your 2000$ custom install, but it's probably to the best of my capabilities and imagination as of right now that fits my budget. With this install I'll still be able to access my spare tire well (which I currently can't get into due to the big a$$ ported box).

I'll definately put up some pictures when I get it all in tomorrow along with the 20sq ft of SS Pro for the trunk floor. Hopefully, it'll come out the way that I imagined it

The wheels are Works VS-XX 18"

The car is not anywhere close to being that low stock. I'm dropped about 4inchs on Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampners :)

Edited by wong05tsx

nice looking car and box. Keep up the good work.

Got everything in few minutes ago. Snapped a few pix.

Sounds great

However, I have a feeling that one of the 10's has tinsel slapping or something? The other sub sounds fine. The sound is coming from the one on the left. I have my gains set conservatively right now.

I took a very quick video to reproduce the sound (Only happens in the upper spectrum of the notes)

I took the sub out to look at it, but the tinsel/spider looks fine?

Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the pix/video

P1010873.jpg

P1010875.jpg

P1010876.jpg

video:

2TgWmNcWxxQ

and once again, the sub on the right sounds fine, the left one sounds a bit off as if the tinsel is slapping or something. :help: :(

Edited by SSaudio

If it was tinsel slap it would normally occur at the lower range of notes. Also if you are reaching excursion on the driver to the point where the tinsels are slapping audibly then something in the set up is incorrect.

If it was tinsel slap it would normally occur at the lower range of notes. Also if you are reaching excursion on the driver to the point where the tinsels are slapping audibly then something in the set up is incorrect.

Thanks Denim for narrowing it down for me.

Turns out I had a very very very small air leak on the bottom of the subwoofer, I was able to push down on the outside of the thing and some of the sound was gone. I was able to feel a very faint amount of air when I put my face next to it.

I took the sub out, put some double sided tape on the bottom (works like weatherstripping I suppose), screwed the bish back down and the sound was gone.

Here's another short video with the gains at about 1/4 on the sd 1500. Turned it down sinec I didnt want to blow my brains out trying to feel for any air leaks

QyYo_5b8ioo

Awesome!!!

I am glad you got if figured out. :)

My sub was making that exact same noise! I sold it for 130 shipped and it was a 15"!

Don't sell your install skills short. That's one of the cleanest DIY installs I've seen in a long time and looks better than a lot of the jobs I've seen shops charge big money for. Nice work!

P1010853.jpg

do i see Heinekens??

yes but i'm pretty sure they are fake :P

very nice install, glad to hear you got the kinks worked out.

Nice setup, the first thing i noticed is that you had VS-XX's, i have them as well. Good looking car and stereo, how do you like the sound?