Sign in to follow this  
limits?

The Best subwoofer

Hi, i am thinking about buying a new stereo for my car.

i have been looking at: (1) 2 Kicker L7 S15 and a zx2500.1

(2) 2 JL audio W7 13.5 Amp ?

(3) 2 Fi BTL 12 amp ?

Can someone help me with witch amp i should use and witch subwoofer i sould pick ?

thanks for help ! :doit:

Perhaps you should tell us your goals and listening preferences first.

Your subwoofer selections range from SPL monster, to Daily Driver, to Sound Quality. Which basically boils down to.. you just picked the most expensive woofer that particular company offers.

We'll also need to know your maximum airspace for an enclosure and any electrical upgrades you have done so that you can support adequate amplifiers.

I would say if money is no option DD

Perhaps you should tell us your goals and listening preferences first.

Your subwoofer selections range from SPL monster, to Daily Driver, to Sound Quality. Which basically boils down to.. you just picked the most expensive woofer that particular company offers.

We'll also need to know your maximum airspace for an enclosure and any electrical upgrades you have done so that you can support adequate amplifiers.

OKi. Thanks ;) i am listening to most Rap music, SPL Monster daily driver. i have lots of space and i dont think i would need electrical upgrades.

Says the man with Fi and RE in his sig. :lol:

back on topic...

what makes you think you won't need any electrical? Judging by the phrasing in the original post I'd say you'll probably need at least a TAD bit to support monsters like DD95s, BTLs and Lvl5s

listening preferences, and most importantly available space will hold the most weight in planning this install.

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

Says the man with Fi and RE in his sig. :lol:

back on topic...

what makes you think you won't need any electrical? Judging by the phrasing in the original post I'd say you'll probably need at least a TAD bit to support monsters like DD95s, BTLs and Lvl5s

listening preferences, and most importantly available space will hold the most weight in planning this install.

-Drew

I just hopet that i dident need too do much with the electrical :P but i have space

Edited by Lars

If you are after subs like the BTL, you are going to need electrical upgrades to support the power to extract the most out of that level of driver. If money is no option, spend some on the electrical, some on the sound deadening.

You claim no issue with budget, but then offer no electrical support? Not going to get crap out of what you are looking at without it. First things first, what is your budget?

I listened to a single 13w7 on 2000w and I'll have to say, hats off to JL.

I didnt know a 13W7 could handle 2000w. I believe thats warranty void lol

indeed it can... i had a w7 i would plug it into the wall just to watch peoples face ....

and if price is not an issue then just buy 2 of every sub you think is nice and see what you like

but just by reading what you have said i see that price is INEED an issue

yea i dont have dd because of money duh?

cactus audio tried to quote me 800$ for 1 sub...lol

As my friend told me look at what alot of the top competitors use...

Such totally different setups, but they all would need at least some electrical upgrades.

I would use the kicker 2500 in any one of those setups, just 2 of them with the BTLs- and if you can fit 15" L7s I'd go btl 15s.

Having used a 12 and 15" L7 I know they weren't too bad, but I'd take the BTL in a heart beat. The most I've heard on a W7 was a jl 1000.1 I think, and I've just never been impressed. Plus a BTL is almost 1/2 the price of a W7 iirc.

You're really going to want a beefy charging system to support 5000+rms though, maybe a MLA module, h/o alt or dual alt setup, and several batteries. If you don't want to do all that maybe one of the other setups will make more sense for you.

Such totally different setups, but they all would need at least some electrical upgrades.

I would use the kicker 2500 in any one of those setups, just 2 of them with the BTLs- and if you can fit 15" L7s I'd go btl 15s.

Having used a 12 and 15" L7 I know they weren't too bad, but I'd take the BTL in a heart beat. The most I've heard on a W7 was a jl 1000.1 I think, and I've just never been impressed. Plus a BTL is almost 1/2 the price of a W7 iirc.

You're really going to want a beefy charging system to support 5000+rms though, maybe a MLA module, h/o alt or dual alt setup, and several batteries. If you don't want to do all that maybe one of the other setups will make more sense for you.

x2

-Drew

He's been using it like that for over 2 years ;)

He's been using it like that for over 2 years ;)

Just cause it's hooked to an amp rated at 2kW doesn't mean that the sub has ever seen that amount of power.

Thats the last one

Precision Constructed with MDF

Grey Carpeted Box for added protection

Dimensions 16 1/2" Height X 36" Width X 18" Depth

3 Cu. Ft. Per Chamber, 6 Cu. Ft. Total

Includes (2) Built-In Speaker Terminals

Dual 15" Vented Box

Perfect Match For Kicker Solobaric L5 and L7 Sub(s)

Edited by Lars

Lars, you should build your own box. It'll be a good learning experience and ultimately cheaper than buying off of ebay.

but i am in the us know, so if the box are good i will take it :P i dont have the time too build a box :(