Sign in to follow this  
coobies5

Starting the search

for a mkiv supra!

as long as it runs and isnt in too bad of shape, time to start my own project and have me a weekend monster. If anyone can help, i'd appreciate it!

niiiiice.

so far i've found nothing but scams

I looked for one for a couple of months, but found that almost all of them are scams. I finally realized that the only legit ones were the ones that were out of my budget, so I quit looking... :(

There are quite a few forums dedicated to the supra. I would check out some of those and see what you find.

Edited by Philanthro

yeah, i have and haha, i know what you're talking about!

there has been some decent ones on ebay that were within reason, but i wasn't as serious about getting one then as i am now

what kind of scams?

people getting rid of them cause of some disease they arent comfortable saying, but if i sign up on some transaction service i've never heard of, they guarantee i'll get it and if im not satisfied within 3 days i'll get my money back

one supra i looked at was on 10 different sites all in different parts of the world

another guy had one that had all sorts of mods, and he claimed that he never raced it but it has original 70k miles on it, i dont know anyone that would get all the goodies he got and not race it

there is so many out there, this is going to take a long time

i think im going to hold off on this, maybe in a year or so i'll have more luck.

Ebay has lots of scams my friend attempted to buy a fishing boat via ebay and he wired the money to the guys acct and it was wired to acct in america then wired by the guy to russia :[[[[no fishing lol

An untouched Supra is like the white unicorn.

yeah, i know, thats why im going to wait when im more patient. i actually did find one out here nearby me, had 155k on it, and just wheels done to it, everything else was stock. wanted $11,5xx for it. i would have jumped on it, but he had sold it a few days before i could come check it out. i actually seen it before in person though when i was working, and its not everyday you see a se mkiv supra driving around town.

you can find them much cheaper and much faster if you import from japan. i was considering this for myself (toyota mr2) until i drove my buddies fairlady twinturbo and i could`nt get over how grose right hand drive was.

rofl, you know how much it is to ship one from over there to here? let alone getting it registered over here and all that garbage? maybe if i lived over there i would have no trouble finding one there, but it just aint going to happen. also, they didnt stop production of the supras in i think 01 or 02 in japan, i think.

yeah I was going to say look in Japan too, it only costs like 1500 bucks to ship from the states to Germany, IDK if that is a special military price tho.