Sign in to follow this  
streetbeater07

help need recones for (2) q 15 d1 with bp power

I have two q 15 d1's with bp power and I need recones for both of them. I have only had them approx. 1 month

Edited by 07merc

Need your zip code..but why do you need recones for them already? Were they abused or did you not have something set up properly?

Also, i dont know how to do a recone. is it hard? i've never dealt with subs like these before only mainstream equipment that had to be sent in to the manufacturer. could you send me a how to email? thanks

Have you tried calling or emailing the company directly? Message boards aren't really the place to do business like this.

yes ive emailed them directly. i was hoping that nick could at least point me in the right direction to get them but he hasnt responded since yesterday when he asked for my zip.

Sorry man, very busy here working on all kinds of stuff. Only take a few minutes inbetween stuff drying to do email and such.

Kits are $95 shipped each to you.

Thanks!

-Nick

Ok so I have to pay for recones and the subs are still under warranty? Nick I shot you an email yesterday with all the details of my purchases...Approx. 1 month old

you just admitted abusing them and you want them covered under warranty?

maybe you misunderstood me, what I meant by abusing was that I did play the subs pretty hard but they are performance subs and are made to be driven...thats why I purchased them. If I wanted little bass I would have bought something for that purpose. When I designed the system my goals were a daily groundpounder and weekend warrior package all in one....maybe I ordered the wrong subs.

maybe you misunderstood me, what I meant by abusing was that I did play the subs pretty hard but they are performance subs and are made to be driven...thats why I purchased them. If I wanted little bass I would have bought something for that purpose. When I designed the system my goals were a daily groundpounder and weekend warrior package all in one....maybe I ordered the wrong subs.

yeah you did IMO.

you should have went with BL's or BTLs

but from the sounds of it your gonna blow them no matter what.

you send a dirty signel to any sub long enough your gonna blow it...

lemme guess... +6 bass on your head unit bass boost on the amp all the way up.....

gain all the way up......

come on.

i play my BLs hard when ever i ride.. and when i show off.. i dont shange anything... i just turn it up... its been almost a year no problems.

people that own audio shops in my area say i have the loudest car thay have ever heard..... and the third loudest behind suv's of course.

recone them... and lets talk about your settings.... if you dont like the way your setting sound with the Q's

perhaps diffrent subs are in order. and i donno what amp your running. butmaybe a new amp.. and some self control.

o yeah.. just a heads up... NEVER admit abuse then turn around and ask about your warrenty!.

either way..... lets get you strighted up....

got any pics of vids of that show you went to. or your car and set up?

yeah you did IMO.

you should have went with BL's or BTLs

but from the sounds of it your gonna blow them no matter what.

you send a dirty signel to any sub long enough your gonna blow it...

lemme guess... +6 bass on your head unit bass boost on the amp all the way up.....

gain all the way up......

come on.

Ok my amplifiers gain is set properly, there is no bass boost on the amplifier, and my head unit's eq curve is graphed the way i like it and for your info, no I dont even use the bass boost on the headunit.... Just because my profile says noob doesnt mean a thing. I know a lot more about this stuff than most average people do. My amp is a MMATS DHCX2200.1 2300rms @1 @13.8 VOLTS. sorry I didnt take any pics or videos it really was just a couple of guys there not a real big thing........

i play my BLs hard when ever i ride.. and when i show off.. i dont shange anything... i just turn it up... its been almost a year no problems.

people that own audio shops in my area say i have the loudest car thay have ever heard..... and the third loudest behind suv's of course.

recone them... and lets talk about your settings.... if you dont like the way your setting sound with the Q's

perhaps diffrent subs are in order. and i donno what amp your running. butmaybe a new amp.. and some self control.

o yeah.. just a heads up... NEVER admit abuse then turn around and ask about your warrenty!.

either way..... lets get you strighted up....

got any pics of vids of that show you went to. or your car and set up?

furthermore, fi is a good company and Im not trying to get over on them thats why I stated the fact that I did play them hard but its no problem if they dont want to warranty my subs. I wont feel bad because I know I told them the truth about the matter.....Lies get you nowhere.

Ok if you feel that it's a warranty issue then get me some pictures or let me know how they failed...

95% of the time it's a subsonic filter issue, the subs have a long enough coil that they move. When you go below port tuning frequency the excursion shoots through the roof and you've got a dead sub...

Sign in to follow this