Hey, its been a while since I've posted here. I've been running a maw-15 ported for the last year or so, and i'm really happy with it. I just got a new car and need to downsize a little, so I was thinking about going with the 12" ixl. THere doesn't seem to be much info out there about them, except the review on here. With higher power handling, higher xmax, and just better quality overall, I'm not too worried about the output or sound quality being any less than my maw-15. Am I right? And what would be a good ported box for these? Thanks

Let me start by saying that I have used many drivers over the years. And recently I have had the opportunity to demo the IXL-10. And it totally Astonished me with what It can do. Tonally it is everything you could ask for and even gets louder than I could handle in some cases.

I will post my full review eventually but let me say that.......with what the 10 can do ported, I can only drool over the 12's potential.

IMO the IXL is leaps and bounds better than the MAW series.

But box size is directly related to what you are aiming for(SPL or SQ wise) and the amount of power you have.

Edited by Puggsley456

Thanks a lot. Judging by the performance of the MAW for the price I payed, I can only imagine what the IXL can do. I checked today and my box will fit in my car, but I'd still like to go smaller and make a birch box to save on weight a little. I have plenty of power (~1600 watts @ 1 ohm), and have room for a proper ported box. Sounds like it would be a good idea.

I will have suggested box sizes available in the coming days. hang in there :)

I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. I love mine and am sure you will too. Size and porting will depend a lot on what you want out of it.

That is what credit is for :)

I used a 2.2 cube@35hz box. I had a discussion with mark about that. I thought it was a bit too big for the power I had(1000-1200rms). But its all based on you're setup.

Yup, a good box size for this unit would be 1.7 - 2 cubes. Tune it 33-35Hz...

m

m

:+1::stupid::doit::smileyho:

Edited by Puggsley456

m

Sounds good. Im guessing since this thing is a low end beast as it is, it will still hit the lows with a tuning of around 34hz? I had my MAW-15 tuned to around 30hz and loved the lows, I just dont want to lose any low end

Going to depend on how you define low end. Personally I'd tune it down around 30hz, in particular if you already have your setup that way although it will have more output if you tune higher. Actually I run mine sealed and with my gains down as it has more than enough output for me that way so the ported enclosure wouldn't help at all in my case.

m

Sounds good. Im guessing since this thing is a low end beast as it is, it will still hit the lows with a tuning of around 34hz? I had my MAW-15 tuned to around 30hz and loved the lows, I just dont want to lose any low end

Trust me the kick drums notes will thank you.. ;)